Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my awesome 2014 TDI Lux and will be bringing home our new Airstream 23D tomorrow. I've added additional braking system on the Airstream and I'm still paranoid about safety since I've towed that much weight in my life. I'm sure I'll white knuckle it all the way home driving at or below speed limit lol. So, the spec is:

Dry Weight (lbs/kg) 4761 / 2159.6
Payload Capacity (lbs/kgs) 1239 / 562
GVWR (lbs/kgs) 6000 / 2721.6

My question really is should/can I upgrade my TDI braking system for additional braking power? If so, what are my options? Thank you all as I'm a n00b to the VW and RV world and our adventure is about to start for a lifetime!

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Airstream will have a braking system, with that working as designed you should have plenty of braking power when towing.
I understand. I've added a Tekoshna (sp?) wireless braking system as part of the purchase so I'm guessing these two is sufficient? IF both of them do go out, will the TDI brake able to handle that much force?

· Registered
679 Posts
I understand. I've added a Tekoshna (sp?) wireless braking system as part of the purchase so I'm guessing these two is sufficient? IF both of them do go out, will the TDI brake able to handle that much force?

You mean if either go out. But yes. The tourareg is actually a beast in a box for towing. >:)

· Registered
83 Posts
I tow a 2015 Airstream 27FB with my 2014 Touareg Execline TDI and it feels like there is nothing back there when breaking. Some have had issues getting the wireless brake controller to pair the first time it is used. A search should provide a couple of solutions including taping a pin the first time or pairing the controller in a different tow vehicle first.

Happy streaming.

Mike

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tow a 2015 Airstream 27FB with my 2014 Touareg Execline TDI and it feels like there is nothing back there when breaking. Some have had issues getting the wireless brake controller to pair the first time it is used. A search should provide a couple of solutions including taping a pin the first time or pairing the controller in a different tow vehicle first.

Happy streaming.

Mike
Thank you for the encouragement and tip, much appreciated :) p.s. a 27FB, wowzers :grin2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.