Club Touareg Forum banner

221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
So I have been driving with my new setup for a few days. PP62DSP and the "Dynaudio" Ross-tech update.

I have been using Bill88's custom profile.

All I can say is that I'm very happy. I don't see a need at this point for a Sub. This sounds far better then my Dynaudio system in my 2010 that VW bought back.

I ran the Dynaudio upgrade alone for a day. It sounded way better then stock, but it sounds way better with both upgrades.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Colorartist:

I guess I'll see if the sound escapes the seat. The Pioneer is designed for under seat applications. If I understand the design correctly it channels the sound to the side. I guess if I'm not happy with it I'll put it in another vehicle or a different location.

What makes the PP62DSP with Dynaudio mode sound good? I notice I'm missing the low frequencies on all but a few tracks. So I'm guessing part of it is the music and part of it is the Dynsound. I wanted just a little more power without cranking the main volume up. If VW had a real EQ interface to it could be easily accomplished with the factory system. But I only get 4 presets and none of them are 'perfect' for my taste.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I can't really say what sounds good about the new setup.

I never tried the amp without the "Dynaudio upgrade" so I can't compare it that way. It was way better after just the dynaudio upgrade and if I wasn't a live music audio recorder I would probably have stuck with just that upgrade. But after doing it, I'm glad I did it. Also, I plan on buying the PP62DSP HD add on card so I can feed my 24/96 recordings straight through the amp bypassing the entire RNS850 system. They are currently out of stock.

I have plenty of low end now, and high end. I can still adjust both in the RNS850 but Bill88 did set the levels with a microphone with the RNS850 at 0. I rarely go above 60% on the volume, and at that volume it is louder then I probably should listen to music.

I am hearing things in the music I have only heard on my home stereo. Definitely better then my old Dynaudio in my 2010.

·
Registered
513 Posts
How low does the low go? (35 Hz?)

I hear things on the Dynaudio that I don't always hear. But the profiles aren't quite to my liking. Which is my main motivation for going to an aftermarket amp.

I noticed a few songs have good low end bass. At about mid volume it thumps enough to feel it (a little). But compared to a new Fender equipped Jetta it seems a little lacking.

I'm going to try the sub woofer. However I saw there is a 'bass' recreation box that is sold by AudioControl (https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/the-epicenter-processors/).

I'm curious if it is snake oil or actually works to 'recreate' lost or missing bass.

I am curious how many channels the Dynaudio is. As I understand it each door speak set is 3 speakers with passive crossover (so 4 channels), then there are tweeters in each door (another 4 channels?) and then there are a few speakers in the center (another 2 channels). It sounds like I need a 10 channel amp with subwoofer out to replace the factory amp. I still haven't figured out if the Dynaudio runs MOST optical, coax or if it is analog or perhaps CAN.

First I have to get the RNS850 working correctly again.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have wiring diagram for T1, and it looks that Dynaudio for that model is:
* front right/left door: treble + midrange + bass
* rear right/left door: treble + bass

Each speaker (and there's 10 of them) is connected directly to the amplifier with an individual pair of wires - one pair per speaker.
So, it looks that there's no passive crossover. It's rather digital filter inside the amp.

I wonder how it looks like in 2011+ model with the base sound system. Is there an individual wire going from the amp to every speaker? Or is there a single pair per door, which is splitted there and goes to bass, midrange and treble?
The reason I'm asking is that I would like to filter out low frequencies for the treble speakers. If there's a separate wire going to them, I can add digital filtering inside the Match processor.
If there's a single wire feeding bass+mid+treble, then I would have to physically install high-pass filters behind the door panels - a lot of work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found answers for my questions.
Base system has 8 speakers (bass+treble each door) and only 4-channel amplifier. Means one pair goes to each door and there it is split (w/o high-pass filter) between bass and treble speaker.

Did anyone try installing high-pass filters for the treble speakers?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Match PP 62DSP amp

I am selling a brand new Match PP 62DSP amp / sound processor. I purchased it a couple months back for my 2017 VW Touareg, however I am selling my pride and joy in Jan, and didn't have time to install it with my 4 yr old running around. I am offering it same price I paid. I looked high and low, and these are nearly impossible to find anywhere in the US.

$550 - Match 62DSP

·
Registered
7 Posts
So guys, I just got my 62DSP in the states. 17 Wolfsburg. Ordered it online from UK was here in 10 days. They only had a 92B to send me. 92B does not fit the stock connector on the headunit in the trunk. But removing the white 10 pin from it, and carefully trimming a plastic tab off with an xacto knife I got it to fit. However, I have no power connector in the back to feed the AMP. No where around this head unit is there even a similar connector for power. Specifically I'm talking about the 8 pin that siphons off power to drive the unit it has yellow, red, orange and black wires coming off of it along with the blue that isn't hooked up coming off the car side. Any thoughts? Where might it be hiding? I've started the car since then, the RNS-850 seems fine. No codes via VCDS but obviously without the 62DSP getting power, I have no sound. ANy thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Match 52dsp and I used the control button to clear the memory. Now it won't function at all until I load a new sound profile. MY problem is that only 62dsp files are available online and they don't seem to upload properly. I think that perhaps you must use files specific to the 52dsp. Could there possibly be a microSD card issue as well I have a large capacity XD card that is formatted with exFAT. Might this system require a card with FAT32 formatting?

If anyone has the .af2 file for the 52dsp and can send it to me, I will be eternally grateful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought a brief follow up might be helpful for those considering the Match modifications to their Treg. I could only get the 92b cable and despite what the Audiotec-Fischer site tells you about compatibility, the 92b is not a perfect fit for the 2012 tdi Lux. A careful comparison of online pictures of the 92b and 92c tells pretty much the whole story. The 92b's quad-lock pieces are populated with quite a few more modules than is the 92c. Fortunately these modules can be popped out with ease. The only one that can't is a fine pinned module that doesn't get in the way of anything. The only serious problem with the 92b is an extra little plastic divider that DOES get in the way when you try to mate it with the oem quad-lock device. I'm sorry I didn't take pictures before buttoning everything up, but if you get a 92b harness it will all be self evident. The good news is that like user "ny25," I was able to cut this intruding piece off with the careful use of a very sharp knife. Once prepared in this way, the 92b works just fine.

Now for my issue with uploading a sound profile from a micro SD card. To fix the problem, I had to attach the 52dsp to my laptop and run the DSP software program from Fischer. It immediately recognized that my unit needed a firmware upgrade and applied it without a hitch. Once the upgrade was complete, I saved the new profile (generic) that now populated the bank 1 position on the software and the 52dsp stopped the constant red blinking, returned to a glorious solid green and started playing music. I was then able to load the Treg sound profile for the 62dsp with the micro SD card. The automatic upload worked just like the manual described. I'm a happy camper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My last post was lacking details. Here we go..

When I installed initially i "fiddled" with the DSP configuration. I did try the prebuilt profile but I did not like it one bit. So I built by own with the 850 configured with original programming. I may revisit the prebuilt profile now that the 850 is not interfering as much.

IMO if you want the best possible efficient sound out of the system I would recommend getting the door speakers replaced with 2ohm components, modify the system with the vagcom guide and then play with the DSP software to Tune to your liking.

Thats my plan but I don't have $1,000 to drop on 2Ohm components right now.

I do plan on running a larger gauge power line to the amp when I install the 2ohm components also as the Watt's will crease big time with 2ohm speakers!
Do you have your DSP profile that you can share?
Or anyone else, for 52DSP with VCDS mod, no sub please?
I have PP52DSP with official AudiotecFisher Touarged No Sub profile and just did VCDS Option 56 change.
It sounds great, however, when i reach volume half way up, pretty loud actually, all sound stops, not matter if its FM or BT, looks to me like it depends on loudness and when it reaches certain level, it just goes quiet. As soon as i lower the volume down all comes back to normal.
Is it DSP issue or VW one?
Is there any way to bypass it? i was thinking of removing DSP completely, but dont want to go through all that panel removal work if DSP is not an issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok, got some answers from different thread:

Greg:
So i made this mod too, 3 days ago, sounds awesome, but when i go little over half volume, which is pretty loud anyway the entire sound to speakers is cut off, i have to lower the volume to be able to get music back.
Or sometimes when there is a loud part of the song, the sound is dissapearing completely, then comes back if more quieter part of the song comes again.
Any ideas????
Sounds like there is some protection not to blow speakers if too loud??
I also have DSP, pp52dsp, so it may be it, but i just want to make sure before i unhook it, since it requires major panel removals to get to cabling

Miazza:
The DSP is clipping the signal when too high. Withi this mod you have to tune again the DSP input signal.
This is the reason why I havo not done this yet ...

greg:
Ah, ok, thank you very much then.
So i guess i can not use AudiotecFisher official TREG sound profiles, since these are not editable, and have to create my own.
I dont really know how to make one, so maybe i can get one from someone else on the forum, but thanks again for the clarification.

221 - 240 of 240 Posts
About this Discussion
239 Replies
36 Participants
GregSkow
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing