Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok long story short.....
im in the process of talking with ARB. They need touareg front diff measurements. They need to be as precise as possible, i need to send them so they can test fit their air locker, the current one they have for Amarok, if it's confirmed that it can be fitted on touareg/cayenne it's great but if not i have their full attention and hope they will start working on air locker for Touaregs and cayenne. So we need 2003-2010 touare front diff measurements all listed in attached photos. Please help me out so we can get what we all want so much

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Responded in other thread as well. I have V6 and V8 7L spares at home but won't have my hands on them for a couple weekends. If no one else can get into one before then I'll crack one open and poach some dims.

·
Registered
464 Posts
be nice if they considered t3 as well...i dont mind aftermarket switches i just want lockers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Funny, I was just today thinking if a Quaife ATB from a Porsche would fit in a rear casing. I have a few lying about I could measure, but no front ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok long story short.....
im in the process of talking with ARB. They need touareg front diff measurements. They need to be as precise as possible, i need to send them so they can test fit their air locker, the current one they have for Amarok, if it's confirmed that it can be fitted on touareg/cayenne it's great but if not i have their full attention and hope they will start working on air locker for Touaregs and cayenne. So we need 2003-2010 touare front diff measurements all listed in attached photos. Please help me out so we can get what we all want so much
Hi all, first post here, don't want to steer the thread off course, but since you've got their attention would do you think we could convince them for a rear locker also? Ofcourse there is always the oem retrofit option but an off the shelf easier to install option like ARB would probably be fantastic.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
please read hole thread as its important to understand what help i need from every member to make it all happen
Hello touareg friends, 8 years i have my touareg with rear diff lock and I have been trying to find out everything about front diff lock (as probably many of you did same), but it was never 100% clear if this option was ever made, and if someone ever had touareg with all diff locks.
anyways here is what I have today for us.......
as you all know ARB is one of the most reliable product maker in air lockers world wide, so i contacted them and finally i got their full attention, i spoke many many minutes on the phone and i explained them hole situation and they were very surprised as they did not knew anything about Touaregs and that it had lot of off road goodies and it needs front locker more than many other SUVs. i also explained them that toauregs and cayennes are 99% same and if they will create air locker for toaureg it also can be fitted to cayennes so they ''kill to birds with one shot''.
because i was literally begging them to make it for us they told me that they look at it and see what can they do, but first they need to have precise measurements of diff components and it will take time to do it so i offered to help and get precise measurements of all parts they need. after that they sent me file with list of parts needed measuring, so i bought one front diff in local junk yard and immediately stripped it down and measured it, i forwarded all this info to ARB.
than i spoke with them again on the phone and the guy told me that in 2011 their engineering team have had an idea of making air locker for touareg but cause there was almost 0% of owners who actually asked ARB locker for their toaureg so they did not even started making one, but now as i really bothered them many many times via Emails and phone calls i think ice have started to melt and we really have good opportunity to have it done finally :)
now the main part
it is very important so please please please do not ignore this as it depends on our activity ;)

as i made all the measurements for them it turns out that they need to order new tool that is ''unique'' for touaregs and it will cost them a lot of money so they told me that if they will get at least 150-200 ''orders'' (technically its not an order yet) but at least 150-200 persons that will be interested of making front diff lock for their toaureg or cayenne they will make it for us :)
than i asked to have direct contact to them but they told me that it will only work if everyone who wants to have front diff locker they have to contact their local ARB dealer and ''ask/request'' locker for touareg/cayenne so they will pass information to main ARB head quarters in Australia. i know its much easier to have direct contact, but im guessing they are doing so cause they are collecting statistics and data hwere are most requests coming from....
i asked about estimated price, he could not tell me exact number but he told me that it will be same as other air lockers at around 900-1000 US$
so please please please
eveyone please who wants to have front diff lock from the best manufacturer in the world please go/call to your local ARB dealer and ask them that you are interested in Touare/Cayenne front locker and ask them to sent your request to main ARB in Australia. if you will do it than our dream will come true and they will make it.
thank you in advance guys :)
kind regards to all of you
Nikoloz from Georgia

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know you are looking for the measurements. Alternatively, I have a front diff/axle assembly I am willing to give them if they want it to ensure the fit and function. Let me know if that would be worth while. I was about to scrap it.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know you are looking for the measurements. Alternatively, I have a front diff/axle assembly I am willing to give them if they want it to ensure the fit and function. Let me know if that would be worth while. I was about to scrap it.
thank you for attention, i already sent them all measurements they asked, so at the moment keep the diff for some time as you may need it for something else :) thank you one more time mate ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
A decent bullbar for the TRex would also be great whilst we've got their attention. My 2008 V10 is awesome off road when paired with 18" rims and Pirelli Scorpion ATR+. But I can't fit a winch and that is a key limiter to my confidence in tackling tougher stuff - I'm not too keen on handwinching from the towing eye in outback Oz. And of course the need to have two schnorkels is also an issue but I could overcome that if I had a bullbar to mount them to!
Diff lockers, breathers and a bullbar would make it the ultimate touring machine.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I think the bullbar issue is dead and buried, it seems no one will construct a Touareg bullbar!

Winch wise, there have been a few put on touaregs, have you seen this lhomegrown tread?

Another Winch Installation - In Progress

TonyB

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the link - looks really interesting. Only issue is mounting everything in front of the radiator - a V10 has absolutely no spare room behind it, even for a solenoid pack!
From my experience with my T2 (400k Km strong) the motor is bulletproof when looked after properly. Perhaps I can work out some kind of forward schnorkel from the airboxes and add mounitng points for these somewhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thank you for attention, i already sent them all measurements they asked, so at the moment keep the diff for some time as you may need it for something else :) thank you one more time mate ;)
Hi Nikoloz

Can you tell me the measurements for i and j I tried to get this info without any luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts