Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TO All who think they 'have a 2005 Touareg on order'

As far as I know no dealer in San Jose, CA at least knows exactly what the options/packages will be for the 2005 Tregs. One dealer said he could call VOA and have them assure that one of their 2005 allocations is 'loaded' and in the color I want but that he could not confirm any specific options on my 'order'. He did not know when he could get more specifics or when the 2005 models will be in production.

Those of you who have been told by their dealers that they have a 2005 Treg on order: What did your dealer tell you about how the Treg was ordered. Was it that you just put a deposit down and that even though the dealer knows nothing now.....when he does he will order one? How customized as far as options were you able to get? Are these dealers taking orders for 05s really taking orders and placing them or are they waiting like the rest of us...............? Did your dealer actually show you that the car was officially ordered and in line for production or was it that they said they would get you one when they become available? Any official VOA tracking done or order confirmation given?

Did any dealer actually show you an 05 options list in order to order an 05?

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I posted most of this on another thread, but it may confirm some of your suspicions.

On Monday, I ordered a new 2005 Black V10 TDI. It is a fully loaded package.
Yes I did put down a deposit.

Here is how it went:

When I walked into the dealership, the salesman comes up to me and says: "Can I help you?"
I say: "only if my legs fit in this thing."
They did.
So I say: "Now I want to test drive that V-8."
So I take one out.
This ride was the best I have ever had. Every creature comfort etc.etc..
I was fully impressed.
Now here is the kicker. I tell him how much I loved the ride, but I was only interested in the V-10 twin turro diesel.
He goes to his boss.
They check the computer.
Walla!
He says they have one due to be delivered.
He also tells me it's black. (Which was the color I wanted anyway)
I called my wife and tell her "I am dumping the Ford F-250 and buying the Due-Rag, is it OK with you?"
She says, "I don't care what I do with your truck, it's yours."
I tell her " Now I know why I married you. I owe you a BJ. And I'll even let you drive it once and awhile, and Ill take the Honda Pilot."
Since then I changed my mind about the Pilot.

So, Today I thought to check with the dealer if it had the locking rear differential. They said it did, and also had the 19-inch wheels.

The dealer seemed a little confused or reluctant to answer questions, as they are not sure what it has yet. (Hasn’t been built) They are sure that it was the only one allotted to them at this time. (NE Auto Outlet, North East Philadelphia)
They also said the V-10 was a "rocket" compared to the V-8.

Heck, they are not even sure if it is a 2004 or 2005. I bet it is the 2005. It will cost me $64,000.00 +. He also said IF it was a 2004, he would discount it.

They told me it would be in around mid to late October. I said I was patient, as I need to shop the F-250 Harley Super Crew around anyway.

I will keep everyone posted as things progress.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had a U.S. 2005 order guide with all options and put checkmarks next to what I wanted. I am getting exactly what I want, or I would not except the car. Supposed delivery for a U.S. spec 2005 for me in Germany is late September/Early October.

·
Registered
64 Posts
There is currently a 2004, V-10 listed on Ebay, current bid: US $59,995.00.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=2487471456&category=6060&sspagename=WDVW

If the one I ordered is not a 2005, I will then decide on weather or not I will refuse or accept it. I may want to wait until January for the 2005.

I will also refuse to accept delivery if any of the navigation DVD’s are missing. When I drive it off the lot, it will be a complete vehicle. I will wait for the DVD’s to accept shipping.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Big Joe said:
I will also refuse to accept delivery if any of the navigation DVD’s are missing. When I drive it off the lot, it will be a complete vehicle. I will wait for the DVD’s to accept shipping.
Joe, it won't have DVD nav in it, it will be CD based. Pretty sure you knew this but just in case...

·
Registered
97 Posts
My order sheet did not look like the one above. At the top mine has the American flag, "Order Guide and Pricing 2005 Touareg".

The V6 on this sheet is listed as 220HP. I ordered a V8 with options:

PPS (Premium Plus) - Includes: PNV Nav system, PBI Bi-Xenon, PCV Concienence, 1BK Air Susp, Nappa, Wood upgrade, 6-cd changer, silver roof rack.

PTW (Winter Package) - Heated steering wheel, rear seats and ski bag.

9AH (4-Zone Air)

7X2 (Elec Parking Assist)

1y1 (Rear Diff Lock)

7K3 (Tire Press Mon)

Only things available I did not get was 9Z3 (Onstar), 1G3 (Rear Mounted Spare) and P19 (19" Tires).

I am not sure how this compared to the old 2004 Ordering guide or the 2005 one in the states. It might be different for U.S. purchases IN Germany.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok here's how it went down for me.
Went to dealer to find a t-reg. I wasn't able to get one with the options I wanted. So, I wanted to order one. A 2004. ( I heard and read that the 2005 might be bigger and longer). So I really didn't want a 2005. The dealer said it would take about three month for delivery. A few weeks past and I got a phone call, "Great news your t-reg is going to be a 2005 and it's at the ports(San Diego July 28), the bad news is that VWOA hasn't release the 2005." I have been waiting since. :bored: I called 1800DRIVEVW and they said that the 2005 are in port waiting to be delivered to the dealerships.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.