Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Touareg R-Line TDI with 275-45 R 20 tires. The profile is low and the rims contact curbs or anything that is touching tire side wall. Has anyone gone to a higher profile or wider tire to afford some rim protection? Is there enough room in wheel well to accommodate different size tire? What about speedometer error with higher profile tires?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Pretty sure the overall circumference is the same or very close with the stock tires for each of the stock rims. Pretty sure I have same tires as you do on my 20s. My Pirellis have the rim guard on the tire, which has the rubber stick out a bit from the rim. Have had only two smallish curb rashes...I buffed them out...can hardly tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I have a 2014 Touareg R-Line TDI with 275-45 R 20 tires. The profile is low and the rims contact curbs or anything that is touching tire side wall. Has anyone gone to a higher profile or wider tire to afford some rim protection? Is there enough room in wheel well to accommodate different size tire? What about speedometer error with higher profile tires?
Use the Search function and ye shall find...

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f44/touareg-maximum-tyre-size-t3-89183.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts