Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With delivery of my 2016 and if I read it right, there was an insert stating that tire rotations every 10k should be deleted from the maintenance schedule.

I can no longer find the insert. :-(

Anybody else read this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
598 Posts
I don't recall seeing any instructions in the manual for my 2013 Treg re tire rotation. To the best of my knowledge it is considered a good idea to rotate your tires every 10,000 Km.
www.tirerack.com seem to have good info on the topic. Presuming you will be doing a 4 wheel rotation, try the method in this pic. Different if you do a 5 wheel rotation.

Line Technology Cable Electronic device Electronics

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,151 Posts
I don't recall seeing any instructions in the manual for my 2013 Treg re tire rotation. To the best of my knowledge it is considered a good idea to rotate your tires every 10,000 Km.
www.tirerack.com seem to have good info on the topic. Presuming you will be doing a 4 wheel rotation, try the method in this pic. Different if you do a 5 wheel rotation.

View attachment 148265
And quite different if you have directional tyres fitted - only same side front:rear is possible.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll be rotating every 5k miles in order to meet the requirements of the treadwear warranty of the tire manufacturer.

I wonder what Volkswagen will say to this. Will they cover a denied warranty by a tire manufacturer? I've never had to place a claim for a defective fire in my 40 years on this earth.

If you have Goodyears, it's actually 6k miles.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Found it. So, I'm not going insane. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hadn't seen that before, thanks.

I can see from the photo that there are a few other items that VW have deleted from the standard service schedule.

The cynic in me thinks that this has been introduced since VW began 'fixed price servicing' to save the dealers a dollar here and there and has absolutely nothing to do with the ongoing health of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,426 Posts
The cynic in me thinks that this has been introduced since VW began 'fixed price servicing' to save the dealers a dollar here and there and has absolutely nothing to do with the ongoing health of the vehicle.
Careful. Next you are going to think that lifetime transmission fluid was a ploy. >:)

·
Super Moderator
9,701 Posts
Well I will add this in that I have not rotated tires regularly or at all on my current Treg and they have worn rather evenly. I have never met the treadwear warranty not due to the weight of the vehicle as everyone wants to believe. It has more to do with the AWD system then weight. The tire shop I go to said it is that as well. He sees the quick wear on all AWD vehicles they service. It is fine by me since all new sets are prorated due to not making the warranty. Current set may actually make the warranty given they have over 30K on them now and still look really good. This is a first for me! :)

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Lolz Yeti.

Just got a set of tires replaced. The prorated was $95 per tire x 4, so got a nice discount on the new tires. I am expecting for these new tires to be prorated one day in the future.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
How do you get prorated? Curious for future
Tires had a 60,000 mile warranty. Tires did not make the mileage before they were evenly wore to the wear bars.

I don't think there is a set of tires made that will last 60,000 on this beast.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.