Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I may go Conti again on my '06. I'm still on my original set, and they are still usable (but they're getting close to replacement time.)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Hatter
Get them replaced. Even if the have tread, they are passed time. The sun and uv rays have killed them.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The dumb-ass driver was doing twice the legal local speed limit when he lost control of the Porker in this well publicised shunt but I read on another report that another of the reasons was not only the fact he had modified the car [as well as the speed, his stupidity and his inept ability as a driver], but the tires were 9 years old.

Paul Walker 'responsible for own death', claims Porsche - BBC News

The lawyer's statement that ignored all of the obvious causes in trying to pin the blame on Porsche made me laugh.

Nonetheless, old tires are still not a good idea.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Quite right, but the manufacturing month and year is on the sidewall so you can check how old the tires are.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well, got my Pirelli Verdi Plus A/S put on the Touareg yesterday, drove home and the tires seemed to drive pretty well. Had a little shake in the steering wheel for a few miles but it then went away. Kept the M/S and will change them out next winter. Hopefully these tires will give me a few years of good service.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.