Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought 2011 Touareg Sport and it had new Cooper M&S tires on it. It handled great on the snow and ice yesterday on our first trip, but I think I am getting a great deal of tire noise when we drive. This vehicle has it's fourth set of tires on it in 53,000 miles. Would it make sense to buy a set of all-season or highway tires to put on in the spring and run until the late fall when it starts to snow? Or, does this vehicle just eat up tires and I have to live with it?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No doubt Cooper tires suck, but that's what is on the vehicle now so, for the time being, that's what I will use. We'll see what kind of mileage I get out of them here in a while. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was looking in Tire Rack and ran across some Pirelli A/S Plus tires that were rated pretty high. Has anybody put Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus on their vehicle and, if so, have you been happy with the performance as well as mileage wear?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well, got my Pirelli Verdi Plus A/S put on the Touareg yesterday, drove home and the tires seemed to drive pretty well. Had a little shake in the steering wheel for a few miles but it then went away. Kept the M/S and will change them out next winter. Hopefully these tires will give me a few years of good service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.