Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I run Mastercraft Courser MSR tires (studded) for the winter. Mastercraft is part of Cooper, so likely similar in terms of quality. I have no wear problems with mine, but only run mine during certain winter months for about 3-4k miles annually...I would never run these in the warmer months as the rubber is super soft and would wear terrible.

As far as getting more bang for your buck (miles out of tires specifically) there are tires out there that will see 60-70k on a Treg...but you have to live with certain disadvantages like noise, reduced mpg, and inferior performance. For example, I run BFG A/T KO tires that still have well over half the tread remaining and currently have just under 60k on them. Yes running winter tires on separate rims has helped prolong their life too, but I still feel I could have gotten 60-70k without a separate winter tire.

The BF T/A KO tires are a well known example in the greater 4X4 community for being long life quality tires. BUT like I said there are trade offs for this...not for everyone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.