Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this should be in the Tire area or Electronics but here it goes.

Does anyone know how to tell which frequency the TPMS sensors are for a '13 Touareg?

I have one sensor (again) glitching out (just replaced a different one). It looks like there area two part numbers 7P0907275 (433 Mhz) and
7P0907275A (315 Mhz).

Usually the A on the end is the newer part number... but I imagine I need to match to what I have. So the question is does anyone know how to tell which sensor I need?

Can VCDS tell me which transmitter I have and thus which frequency?

·
Registered
486 Posts
This has been debated in a few threads. You can search and find them.
What I found out is that Huf makes the TPMS sensors. I went to the link below, plugged in my vehicle and found out that for my '11 they were 433 Mhz. I bought the "No programming required" ones from a seller on Ebay for like $165 for a set of four. They came with the valve stems. They worked flawlessly. Bought a second set for my winter wheel/tire setup and they work great also.
Funny thing is on the sellers compatability chart said they weren't compatible for my vehicle. Guess the chart wasn't fully accurate because they were.

Check out the link and see what it says.

http://www.products.intellisens.com/

·
Registered
23 Posts
I grabbed a set off ebay which were multi- frequency for my snows. They were listed for my vehicle, about $100/set of 4
they have been awesome so far, no programming needed,no issue swapping tires.
It has only been one season.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket options that screw onto the valve stem on the outside of the tire that are compatible with the OEM Touareg tpms receivers?

·
Registered
73 Posts
This has been debated in a few threads. You can search and find them.
What I found out is that Huf makes the TPMS sensors. I went to the link below, plugged in my vehicle and found out that for my '11 they were 433 Mhz.
+1 on Huf.

They are made in Germany and seem to be identical to OEM. It's my understanding that they make the VW/Audi/Porsche OEM sensors.

Here are the prices that I found for them:
  • Two Local VW Dealers (different organizations): around $150/each + tax (seriously)
  • Local Discount Tire: $60/each + tax
  • Amazon: $56/each with free shipping

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the replies.

I ended up buying the HUF from Amazon for $62.

Huf makes 2 correct models. A universal (dual frequency) and a single preprogrammed one.

Apparently Discount Tires sells the Huf universal ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts