Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at some all season Pirelli Scorpion Zero's...the question is do I go for the 275/45 or go with the 255/55 version? Does anyone have opinions on any 19's? I am unwilling to move down to the 18's at this point. However, I want decent all weather, long lasting 19 inch tires.

Please Help!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Look at the Nokian WRG2-suv. it comes in 19 and would be perfect for the touareg speed and handling.

·
Registered
703 Posts
X2 for the Nokian WRG2-SUV.

I should have bought them instead of the Toyo Proxies. Their a great tire, but not quite a Nokian.

Cya

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I had the PZero's Summer tire and they were very quiet. The handled the road and corners superbly well. How much more life will I get on the Nokians compared to the Pirelli's Scorpion Assemetrico's?
Is it all about life or overall traction and other things? Just read up on the Nokians - you should be educated yourself and make a choice that suits your priorities.

I was ordering the WRG2 for my Audi when I thought they'd cost me $384 each and was just pleasantly surprised when Discount Tire matched Tires by Web's price of $264 each, and this was for a 235/40x18 on 5 wheels.

Personally if I were sliding off the road, or into another car, the last thing I'd be thinking about is treadlife....I am sure it's similar enough, or better on the Nokians that it shouldn't matter though.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Linder - Why don't you like the pirelli's?
I can't answer for Linder, but the Pirelli Scorpion STRs I put on mine sucked. From the get-go they were squishy and didn't handle well. They showed more wear after 20,000 miles than the original Dunlop ST8000's did after 25,000+. They got extremely loud at about 15k.

I'm not much of a Pirelli fan either these days...

Matt

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The pirellis that came on my V10 with 19" wheels were terrible, they were extremely loud on the freeway. Due to that fact that they were the Rossos, the truck handled great in the curvys but they were also the same tires I have on my AMG mercedes and therefore are unbelievalby bad in any type of weather and make the torquey V10tdi a nightmare in the rain, don't even go there with the snow, not M&S rated.

Linder

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tread looks in excellent shape. In fact, they look new. I just came back from Tahoe a few weeks ago and the shoes handled the snow better than any non-pure snow/mud tire. Unfortunately, I had to sell the treg this weekend and now I am driving an LR3. My next tire purchase for the LR3 will be the NOKIANS.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok same question i'm reading the reviews on the Nokian WRG2-suv and this seems like a high performance tire...

I'm in the same boat but i'm looking for something that would be more versatile in a bit of offroading. I know looking for a somewhat winter / off roading tire in a 19" rim is a bit of an oxymoron but what are you guys using?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts