Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help from a new member!! The dealer wants to charge me over $7000 to replace timing chain assembly, & everything that goes with it. My engine & EPC light came on about a month ago. The only thing I noticed with the vehicle was occasionally when getting up to speed, it would hang in 3rd gear & over rev. This is a 2007 Touareg V6 with 52000 miles on it. I feel like I am stuck, since they would only give me $3500 on a trade in since they knew of this problem. I know this is a very unusual situation with the low miles I have on it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
52k miles and you need a new timing chain? That's crazy. Has anyone else done an analysis on the car? I would believe 100k or more but I guess I would go to VWof A and get someone to interceed on the problem.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Get a second opinion from another garage, and do NOT mention what the dealer told you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't look like I'm the only 1 for this to happen to. I found this article Volkswagen problem sounds identical to my problem. I did take it to a local shop first who works on foreign cars, & they said it was something major, fuel sprocket bolt or something. I have that paperwork at home. Engine rattles when in neutral while revving. Was told that was the chain hitting the engine, & when it lets go.....major engine damage. My engine is good now though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
jfoltz
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing