Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, no, not a TDI. gasser. but...

dealer has sent one of those we-want-to-buy-your-Touareg which is of course contingent on buying a new VW (not nec. Treg). I always tossed these figuring it was a bad deal for me, but given how much pressure they're under to show sales in the wake of the scandal, might turn out to be worth it.

actually wouldn't mind trading down to a Tiguan. I don't tow or go off-road, so it seems I overbought. or maybe a Golf Sportwagen.

one wrinkle is that I have the Fidelity warranty; they probably won't give me full value for that.

anyone thinking of taking advantage of the current trade-in offer?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I thought about trading for an S5 Cabriolet.

Unless you really like the Tiguan I'd wait for the next all-new model that promises to just look better. r

If you have time time, go in and talk numbers to see if it makes sense for you to do a trade.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Definitely wait for the new Tiggy - it's a HUGE improvement over the current nasty little car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wait for the longer wheelbase ...

Nothing official yet released on dimensions but the '17 LWB Tiguan for North America is also supposed to get a 3rd row seat option; obviously much bigger than the current model. Although the current Tiguan gets a lot of its styling from T-reg's but it's 5" narrower, 14" shorter, holds 10 less gallons of fuel and on the highway gets 26 MPG versus 23 MPG (average of course for gas models) to the T-Reg.

Current model is like a high-riding Golf; styling for the '17 appears to be quite close to the Cross Blue concepts; worth the wait

And lastly, yes, I've also been emailed and mass mailed stuff for my '13 T-Reg to trade up as well; local dealer just had a single '16 T-Reg on their lot; no '15's and mine just had its last 'free' maintenance at 30K so no rush unless it was a screaming deal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.