Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching and reading, and I haven't found much on the exact time needed to do various modifications. I am going to do the 6 light, seat belt chime, transmission to ROW setting and possibly other mods this week. I have seen things about having the car running when testing codes and what not in the older posts but that didn't really help me.

Main thing for me and any other noob searching is.... How much time do I need to set aside for either me or some else to do various modifications?

Thanks from us less knowledgable on the electronics end.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I would say; just done it first time last week, allow at least 1 hour and possibly 1 1/2 hours to do all standard mods, full scan before and after the start of the operations. namely, I also found VAG-COM bit slow in communicating with egg so it is not all instant as you are clicking on functions. If you want to lower your egg then allow another hour.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You've gotten two extremes here, and neither is wrong.

If you take the time to do a full scan (which I recommend) then yes the first time will take you and hour+ (especially if you do a post scan) - seems to take forever with mine.

If I was there with the computer and you didnt' care about the scan, then yah 10 minutes is totally doable, but you'll be tinkering and reading blocks and looking through the app and systems for a long time if it's your first time in there.

-Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts