Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a treg with no wood or brushed alloy on the dash and wish to fit it to the strip above glovebox and either side of steer wheel.

spare parts seem to suggest that I replace my one piece 'grey' section with two parts. 1. the brushed alloy 2. the timber insert..

Will the exisiting one piece grey trim 'pop out' and be replaced with the two pices as outlined above? It seems logical that it will but want to be sure....

·
Registered
104 Posts
You are correct. Use caution - and a Bentley Service CD - to replace these pieces. They are not intuitive. For instance, the piece(s) above the glove box require radio removal to get at a nut and bolt, and fuse panel removal, as a plastic "pin" also holds the trim in place. A trim removal tool (or plastic putty knife) is also recommended to preserve the trim and its brittle plastic clips.

I haven't remove the ignition switch trim, but it does not look like a simple procedure.

Try to find a wrecked Treg to salvage. These parts do not come cheap.

Good luck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You are correct. Use caution - and a Bentley Service CD - to replace these pieces. They are not intuitive. For instance, the piece(s) above the glove box require radio removal to get at a nut and bolt, and fuse panel removal, as a plastic "pin" also holds the trim in place. A trim removal tool (or plastic putty knife) is also recommended to preserve the trim and its brittle plastic clips.

I haven't remove the ignition switch trim, but it does not look like a simple procedure.

Try to find a wrecked Treg to salvage. These parts do not come cheap.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.