Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Crack on dashboard is common on these years. I'd want to see the carfax to make sure nothing funny has happened. It appears this car has been sitting for well over a year since the TDI fix (Oct 2019), which is odd. It has accumulated a couple hundred miles in that time so I'd make sure that it hasn't been sold since the fix, which might affect the 4/48 extended warranty. Otherwise, are you sure you can live with one that doesn't have the color LCD in the instrument panel and also one that doesn't have NAV/display in the center stack? To me, these non-tech package Touaregs seem older than they are with that red dot matrix display. It reminds me of my 2000 model year Passat dash.

Registered
Hi all,
New to the whole Treg community, but really like the cars... here's the one I'm interested in.
Would love to get people's thoughts. I feel it's a ltitle overpriced, but it's within range of KBB.
2010 Volkswagen Touareg V6 TDI (dangeloautosales.com)

Thanks for your help,
Jeff
StumblinBear: I just bought last week a 2010 TDI Touareg in Montana for $9k from a private party. It has 121k miles on it but I thought that nothing for a TDI hopefully. It's silver with charcoal gray interior but the best available so I bought it. Also the owner said the radio doesn't work. Fact is I bought the car over the phone and never saw it before forking over cash. Am I crazy? Well, yes I am crazy for these Touaregs especially the diesel ones. I would check out the repairs on your red Touareg as there might be some items that increase the price. The older Touaregs have some special items not found on newer ones which is nice, they also say the older ones are better made and have more useable items, like locking differential and more 4 wheel options which may or may not be of interest to you or me for that matter. I would make an offer but realize it is low miles and looks stellar. I love the tan interior. Is there a warranty that might justify the price too? Good luck! Let us know what happens. It's a beauty for sure. Pat Sherlock

Registered
2016 Touareg Lux TDI, 2019 Passsat R-line
Seems a little high, especially for only three pics. It's 'low' miles (for the year), but these things don't take well to sitting. They're asking top dollar and hiding more than they're showing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. The dealer updated the site, so there鈥檚 more pics. I actually thought that tear in the dash was supposed to be there as part of their design (lol). Still on the fence about it though...

Registered
I'd go to the dealership blank check in hand and see what kind of deal you can make. The cranberry red color is soooo sweet. It really got me. I couldn't resist it frankly. Maybe you can sweeten the deal with better warranty or a couple thousand less? Problem is it's cult car appeal and my not last long. Want to trade for a silver one same year with 121k mi? Haha! Probably not!
Pat S

Registered
Early V8 timing belt, tensioners, water pump and thermostat MUST be changed every 80,000 miles or 5 years, whichever comes first.

If the belt breaks the engine is toast as others on here have discovered.

Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi鈥檚

Registered
Hi all,
New to the whole Treg community, but really like the cars... here's the one I'm interested in.
Would love to get people's thoughts. I feel it's a ltitle overpriced, but it's within range of KBB.
2010 Volkswagen Touareg V6 TDI (dangeloautosales.com)

Thanks for your help,
Jeff
KBB became irrelevant about 10 years ago with the advent of Facebook marketplace, craigslist, auto trader, Carfax etc

Looking it over, there鈥檚 no tow package, which is something I really want.
For me personally it would probably be a deal breaker also. You can have the factory tow kit mounted and installed at a dealership but it's probably going to be like three grand

1 - 12 of 12 Posts