Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still pulls right, now steering is off center when driving straight slightly.

At an absolute total loss. (See Photos)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Those specs are spot on! I had the same problem, after pissing away like $400 at the dealer on alignments I gave up. Took it to my buddy’s shop and found out I had worn out lower control arm bushings. Icing on the cake, I was like 1k out of warranty. The lack luster tech prob didn’t even check the suspension before performing the alignment. Not saying that’s your problem but make sure they center the steering wheel, lock it and give the suspension a good look over.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Make sure they attach the plates to the wheels properly. If the plates arent square with wheels the readings show square but wheels arent. Its a common fault.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the input. It is going to an independent shop on Monday. I will make sure they review the suspension.

It does only have 60k on it. Do you think suspension could still have some failures?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Absolutely, my car had 70k when I changed them. I’m at 73 now. Side note changing the control arm bushings solved my steering wheel shake also.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
2 ton car. Bound to have some wear.

·
Registered
679 Posts
The lack luster tech prob didn’t even check the suspension before performing the alignment.
That's very unusual. The techs usually check these things before an alignment and won't do the alignment if everything isn't right.

They also check for things that the workshop can get paid to fix.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's very unusual. The techs usually check these things before an alignment and won't do the alignment if everything isn't right.

They also check for things that the workshop can get paid to fix.[/QUOTE]

I wish that was true, good techs are getting hard to find here. if you did the normal “shake down” of my front suspension it was all tight. A lot of shops over here do toe and go!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts