Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone catch the new Grand tour? Love it. Intro is fantastic, and the most expensive intro ever! $3 million!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
top gear use to be the best car show ever. i would not think it can get any better but its the fact that it got better with the new GT :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Watched the first 2 episodes. Love it, so much better than the new Top Gear or any of the US derivatives. You can tell that they are still finding their feet a little bit with the new format so I'm sure what is already an excellent show will continue to improve.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Thought the old TG was crap, three middle-aged wasters acting like prats with cars - the advert clips of the Grand Tour is just the same with a bigger budget.

The Americans liked the old TG, so I guess the Grand Tour will be a huge hit there.

Can you get Mr Trump to give them Honorary US Citizenship then we can disown them!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You speak for yourself!

Clarkson is an outstanding, non-pc Englishman - a proper car nut who's an excellent journalist as well as broadcaster and for those attributes I'll even forgive him for being a Remoaner.

·
Registered
790 Posts
You speak for yourself!

Clarkson is an outstanding, non-pc Englishman - a proper car nut who's an excellent journalist as well as broadcaster and for those attributes I'll even forgive him for being a Remoaner.
I was speaking for myself - I applaud the "non-PC Englishman" but I can't forgive him for anything else.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You think all that money they make, they would fix their teeth.
LOL!

You need to understand that English blokes really don't give a ****e about that kind of thing!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey, can we get a translation over here? What are wasters? What are prats? These terms are completely foreign to my American ears. I come from a part of the U.S. where we never hear British English. To give you an example of how far into the interior of America I live, one my first summer jobs was working for a cheap roofing company in Hamilton, OH where my boss would yell at me for "sitting on my keister." I guess we have our own regional expressions, too. The Internet widened my horizons. I now know that blokes are what we call dudes.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Wasters and prats are tossers, wankers, dickheads, numpties or f*ckwits, depending upon one's level of vulgarity.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks, Noobytoogy. You have given me a whole new vocabulary of curse words/insults. I am going to be needing them in the next few weeks, between doing my hardwood flooring installation project and setting up my Christmas lights. Your list looks like it will be much better at expressing my frustration than the same old four-letter words.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I forgot plonker as in "Rodney, you are a total plonker".

·
Registered
70 Posts
I for one dislike Grand Tour and have not watched it since the first episode. From what I read, the following episodes are similar so I stay away. Too much glitz and nonsense and too little substance. LAUGH TRACK for the tent/studio shenanigans? Give me a break. Too juvie* for me.

*That's juvenile for you Brits...

·
Registered
48 Posts
So far, I have really enjoyed The Grand Tour as much as Top Gear in its glory days. What especially slays me are the almost constant Top Gear references and little jabs at the BBC show. James yelling "Oh Cack!" was one of those things that just makes you wonder who from the BBC is fuming as they walk along the line of their agreement that maintained ownership of intellectual property to the BBC(which is quite extensive and I don't fully understand).

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
I like the screenplay (best filming in the business) the dynamic between the cast and the fact that they can get their hands on any car they desire...I could do without the stereotypical good ole boy version of the stig, also could do without the extended cocking around that sometimes goes a bit too far. The celebrity guests death before coming on set is a hilarious way to get around some obvious BBC copyright issues.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Seriously? A laugh track in 2016? Maybe I won't watch it; I would just be disappointed. I always think of British comedy as having such a dry sense of humor. For example, there are some things from Monty Python that still make me laugh every time I think about them, like the "pining for the fjords" thing and so many parts from "The Life of Brian."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts