Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Touareg TDI
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've been a Fuelly user for some years now with all of my family's vehicles, and have added my new diesel T'reg (which requires very infrequent fill-ups) and will be keen to see how well I can do on highway trips. Here is a page dedicated to the 2014 3.0 TDI (it can be filtered for various trim levels and years):

https://www.fuelly.com/car/volkswagen/touareg/2014?engineconfig_id=238&bodytype_id=&submodel_id=

Are any other Fuelly.com users here?
My user name there is also watchcarefully, so feel free to connect.
Brad

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've used it for quite a while. Sadly some of my favorite VW vehicles were totaled by other stupid drivers, but still have the info on fuelly.

·
Registered
2014 Touareg TDI
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used it for quite a while. Sadly some of my favorite VW vehicles were totaled by other stupid drivers, but still have the info on fuelly.
I'm sorry to see some of your vehicles were wrecked...but its a clever way to retire them, showing the damage in the photo. Those are impressive numbers for that Golf TDI! I've only filled my Touareg TDI once (and it was not a complete fill the first attempt, so I have no numbers worth sharing yet, but I'll be taking it for a 300-mile trek on Thursday, and am only showing about that much in range, so I suspect a new fuelly entry is but 48 hours away.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm sorry to see some of your vehicles were wrecked...but its a clever way to retire them, showing the damage in the photo. Those are impressive numbers for that Golf TDI! I've only filled my Touareg TDI once (and it was not a complete fill the first attempt, so I have no numbers worth sharing yet, but I'll be taking it for a 300-mile trek on Thursday, and am only showing about that much in range, so I suspect a new fuelly entry is but 48 hours away.
You should be able to get somewhere around at least 550 miles on a tank.

·
Registered
2014 Touareg TDI
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You should be able to get somewhere around at least 550 miles on a tank.
It turns out I drove less than the range of the remaining tank. Just before I finished that drive, my gauges showed 120 mi range and 646 miles completed...with a MPG estimate since refueling of 30.5.

Over 760 miles at more than 30mpg...not a bad first fill-up result.
I am digging this TDI!

Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2016 Touareg Lux TDI, 2019 Passsat R-line
831 Posts
The MFD tends to be a bit optimistic on reported MPG. That being said the TDI Touareg has very impressive highway range.

·
Registered
2014 Touareg TDI
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:
That last road trip of just under 300 miles left me nowhere near needing a fill-up, but I was anxious to record my first official MPG result, so I fueled the Tour-Rig today. The 30.5 mpg displayed on the OBC, turned out to be 29.1 when calculated, so a bit under my target, but still darn impressive for a 649 mile journey that encompassed a drive south from the mountains of NE PA, a leisurely trip to the Jersey Shore, and a round trip to the outskirts of Wash. DC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts