Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for that. It sounds awful. I hope you get it sorted. How many kilometers on your Touareg V10?

Pete

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Pete - yeah it's all fixed now, this video was taken a little over 2 years ago. Meant to post it sooner but life, work and kiddos took precedence. It had a little over 200k miles, I thought the video had the mileage.

What I found interesting is that this isn't just a VW issue, most Pump Duese engines have this same problem. I worked at a Volvo/Mack engine rebuild center a few years back and the majority of the new 16L Pump Duese design engines started coming in for a rebuild way before the older designs. We rebuilt engines from the construction and on-road industry. Most of the engines had already thrown a rod or had completely destroyed themselves by the time they came to us.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the video, that really clears up what to listen for regarding cam failure.

What replacement cams did you use?
OEM? Colt? Other?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the kit below from Lymm Engine Components in the United Kingdom. The cams are from an OE supplier out of Belgium I believe, and the kit includes everything needed for the job. At the time of my repair, Colt cams was putting together a regrind for the BWF and they had a ship date of 6 months out, I used our Touareg for our business and needed it back on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts