Club Touareg Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Some people are bound to repeat the same mistake over and over.

But I admire your perseverance!

I've met Richard, the owner of the famous Otis.
His rig is bone stock and he's made some fantastic treks across the world.
He doesn't believe in lifted poseurs, no matter how capable they are. And I share his sentiment.

Cheers...
Without the lift I wouldn't have a chance to drive 90% of the tracks I've driven either due to low ground clearance or damaging components underneath.

The stuff I tackle is probably abit more serious then your usual "overlanding" stuff as most of the tracks we drive are black/double black diamond.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
After running into issues with the police regarding the wheel's hanging out the guards I've decided to go back to stock wheels to save myself the hassles as I still use this as a daily drive.

Opted for 265/70/17 Klever R/T's as I have really liked them on the 18's for both on and offroad performance. They measure up only slightly smaller then the 275/65's I had on the 18's so I'm not super concerned about losing a few MM's of ground clearence. I'm not sure if I'll go for a aftermarket wheel again as I need pretty specifics offsets to keep it "legal" here. Front left shock has been blown for as long as I have put this car together so pulled them out and had springs swapped over with some good condition OE struts I had sitting here. It's made an absolute world of difference.

I'm honestly not sure what i'm going to do next with it. I had seriously tossed up making a custom suspension setup using profender coilovers but I just don't think the cost is worth the gains I'm going to see. I'd really like to get a set of braids for it but abit pricey for the time being. Really need to get the windows retinted and that will probably be it and start trying to plan some decent trips in it and get some good use out of it touring is what I'm hoping.

Few photos from the last time I took it wheeling with the 18's on it -
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Plant

Wheel Tire Car Automotive carrying rack Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Sky

New tyre combo -

Sky Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Plant Sky

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Sky

61 - 63 of 63 Posts