Club Touareg Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

· Registered
5,685 Posts
Love it

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Few changes, pretty small but changes none the less with a few more to come.

Revised the snorkel design, although intake noise is alot louder with the window down this was the best fit we could come up with. Super happy with how it's turned out now.

Front lip is gone for good as is the rear. I had plans to do some bar work in the next few weeks but I might have to speed the process up now thanks to a few tracks I did yesterday.

I'm posting more and more often now on my youtube and am going to start doing some longer form videos instead of small clips from our runs out and about so if thats what you're into, check it out!

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Sad news.

Sadly the Touareg suffered a pretty catastrophic failure on our very last trip out in it. I busted a transfer case and decided to call it quits with that car. Few reasons but mainly because it had a pretty hard life before I got my hands onto it. I learnt so much in it, met many great new friends and did some solid exploring in it. Here's a dump of what photos I had before we decided to pack it in.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
So after that, we welcomed V2 to the family.

Super tidy car with some basic modifications. Had already had different shocks and a longer spring front and rear installed, front bash plate and a anderson plug routed into the boot. Picked it up at a decent price with the idea of esentially transferring bits and pieces over and building what I would think is a pretty capable offroad touring vehicle.

I decided to do things abit different this time around and try a more aggressive tyre on the same wheels I already had. Opted for the same size 275/65/18 but this time in a Kenda Klever R/T's. As you can see in the photos, far more aggressive then the old Hankooks. Decided to give these a go as I spend alot more time offroad then I used so wanted to try something with more sidewall bite and a softer compound. So far I rate them really well. A little noisy on road but nothing to complain about considering how aggressive they are. Plenty of grip in mud and on rocks also.

I opted to keep the longer springs and shocks in the front and rear but also add a 30mm lower strut extension in the front and a 20mm subframe drop. It gave me the slight front up look I prefer. I've tried to keep this one a little lower then the last one to keep the COG down. Mounted the roof tray setup on this car but decided to use the ROLA crossbars that were already fitted as I was never a big fan of having the silver rails on the old car. Pretty much had it all put together in a couple of hours.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

With a few big camping trips coming up I finally decided to go ahead and tackle the dual battery system in the back. The plan was to have a decent 12v system so we can run fridge/lights/charge phones etc etc.

Mounted the battery in the spare wheel well which is charged with a Projecta 25a DCDC charger.

65L Fridge and slide on one side and a Draw on the other. This does stop the use of the spare wheel well but I've found this setup to be so much nicer so far.

Also had some fabrication work done. Tank protectors, transfer protector, rock sliders, muffler delete and snorkel fitted.

· Registered
5,685 Posts
Very sad to see the old Touareg go

New Touareg looks great! Amazing build so far

Also, I absolutely love the sneak attack photo bomber.

Reactions: broken yoke

· Registered
5,685 Posts
Completely guessing - inserts or Ceika or BC Racing lift kit

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
Rear just has a custom longer coil in from what I can tell, otherwise untouched. I may chuck a small lift in it ontop of whats there already to bring the whole lot up another inch but I'm undecided.

Did landcruiser mountain park over the weekend. Super super fun, heaps of cool tracks. Drove the well known camp road with no dramas at all.

Sliders held up well, copped a real good work out and saved me a couple of times. The kenda's are a killer tyre, super stoked with them.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Got the car finished, went out to landcruiser mountain park and smashed a hole in the transfer case.

Tire Wheel Cloud Plant Land vehicle

Motor vehicle Office equipment Engineering Auto part Automotive design

Cut the trip short, drove it 80k's with out hole in it to get into reception and call a tow truck. Pulled the transfer case out of the last car and got it fitted today. 2 hours from pulling it out to putting the new one in and driving it out of the garage. Fitted the rear lift while I was there and did rear muffler delete.

Oh also fitted a Stedi single row light bar.

Wheel Tire Cloud Car Sky

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Probably time to invest into some good underbody protection.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
New rear draw fitted, shifted the compressor to under the floor. Will eventually replace the floor with ply and build around the fridge for abit of extra storage space when we go camping.

Have been working on doing new bushes in the front end. Have just fitted powerflex LCA bushes and have ordered some new UCA's. Chasing a pretty annoying knock so will keep replacing parts until it dissapears.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Plant

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Plant

Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

· Registered
5,685 Posts
Soooooo much sugar bro

· Registered
2004 V8
399 Posts
Some people are bound to repeat the same mistake over and over.

But I admire your perseverance!

I've met Richard, the owner of the famous Otis.
His rig is bone stock and he's made some fantastic treks across the world.
He doesn't believe in lifted poseurs, no matter how capable they are. And I share his sentiment.

Cheers...

41 - 60 of 82 Posts