Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
A Touareg has higher ground clearance in "normal" height than that seems to have in "very high" mode. That was his biggest problem it seemed.T2 is just under 5,500 lbs, so not a whole lot lighter!

But he has an awesome attitude about it all. He wasn't whining at all about damaging his vehicle. I would 4 wheel with him any day!

He is to be commended for taking a $100,000+ USD vehicle out in those conditions and with just regular snow tires!.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it would be cool.
However, I love to know that when I floor it in my Big T, buckets of fuel and air are thrown in the engine for my pleasure.
Just imagine going through some mud, maybe some very steep slopes and not hearing a Diesel roar. It just wouldn't be the same.
Well, my BMW 7 series has more ground clearance than that Model X. It's interesting how people think AWD makes a car be unstoppable on any terrain. I know that really well, I have a friend that has an A5 with "quattro". You know the classic quattro attitude "my car can destroy yours on snow". Not trying to be too much of a badass, but last week I towed him out of a parking lot after a snowstorm (I was surprised by the capabilities of 4M, despite not having a BILLION ads all around any ski resort)
No ground clearance = never going through snow or mud.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A Touareg has higher ground clearance in "normal" height than that seems to have in "very high" mode. That was his biggest problem it seemed.T2 is just under 5,500 lbs, so not a whole lot lighter!

But he has an awesome attitude about it all. He wasn't whining at all about damaging his vehicle. I would 4 wheel with him any day!

He is to be commended for taking a $100,000+ USD vehicle out in those conditions and with just regular snow tires!.
Agree with you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts