Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Have a problem with my 2014 3.0l v6 diesel treg.
On start up from cold temp clock reads 114 degrees and when you drive on from there temp rises and treg goes into limp mode .
My mechanic has done nearly everything at this stage incl changing instrument cluster with a reprogrammed one. Checked wiring loom changed 2 temp sensors and then changed ecu. But still no change .
Anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Are we certain that we changed the correct sensor? If I had got to this stage, I would be suspecting that I had changed the wrong temp sensor. There are multiple temp sensors on the Touareg engines.

If you are sure that you have the right temp sensor, then try to troubleshoot it some more.

You say the sensor readings change. So, I would hook up VCDS and look for the 114 reading. I would unhook the sensor and see if that reading changes. I would then rehook the sensor and see if it returns to 114.

Then I would apply some cooling and some mild heat to the sensor and see if the reading changes.

Since the engine warming up does increase the reading, you should be able to make the sensor readings move.

Sometimes you can get the spec sheet for a sensor. That can be useful if you can locate the spec sheet. Most temp sensors are checked by reading the ohms (resistance) at specific temps and seeing if that reading falls into the range specified on the tech sheet.

That is all I have got for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi nickyt
he has also connected a variable resister in place of the main temp sensor and when he varies the resistance the gauge dose move

I also forgot to mention is that there was no faults showing on treg.
Is there only 2 temp sensors on it that would cause this problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts