Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 egg with the Dynaudio and 10 speakers. I ordered a news door woofer that was listed on an OEM Vw Suppliers website at approx. $40. They had to contact me to tell me that when they punch in my VIN it really should be an $180 speaker...WTF?!?!?

While determine my speaker was bad I pulled one off my workbench to prove to myself there is nothing magical about the other then the size.

This is the non navigation stereo and VW confirmed it's the 10 speaker system. Do some USA egg's have a more base stereo then what I have? Thus they have a cheaper speaker?

Just very curious to what the big deal is. I wound up ordering another speaker from flea-bay (so used) for $30 and that seller claims it fits 04-10...although I'm sure the quality could be different if it was not an original Dynaudio. I believe it was out of an 06.

Please educate my little brain?

Please note I understand the system is can-bus, unique sized speakers, 11 speaker systems have a seperate amp and that older eggs with Nav add some complication. What else can you tell me.

This is just the wonderful world of crazy over priced parts for eggs even down to the speaker?

·
Registered
219 Posts
The Dynaudio system (they are a speaker manufacturer like JBL, Bose etc) is an upgrade now only offered on Execs and I assume it was then in 08 too but not sure. Part of what you get are upgraded speakers (I would think substantially but maybe not).

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
My opinion after owning "regular" and "Dynaudio" Touaregs is, in the T3/T4 anyway, the Dynaudio speakers are *much* better than the regular speakers.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for commenting guys. For some reason I don't aways get my confirmation emails of a response.

We'll I went "cheap" and bought used speakers on ebay. These are clearly Blaupunkt and cheaply made compared to the Dynaudio that was bad. The Dynaudio is atleast twice the weight and has some more tech going on with ports on the rear of the speaker. The Blaupunkt came out of an 06 with Nav.

So could the Dynaudio be had with Nav or only the base looking stereo on the T2? It's unclear to my if the Dynaudio is just the power amp and speakers or the entire sound system including the head.

The ebay speaker sounds find and fills out the sound way better in the cabin but it does "pop" in the mids when pushed hard so I'll be biting the bullet this winter and spend the $170 made of gold OEM dynaudio speaker for sure.

To bad nobody has a good way to get standard aftermarket speakers to fit in these w/o expensive mods...thanks Vw!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Really wish I had the Dynaudio system in my '16 Lux. However, didn't want to pay the price premium for the Executive trim. I can upgrade the sound for around $2k and should sound worlds better than OEM Dynaudio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts