Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much voltage for pressure does your controller show if you press the brakes while at a standstill? Mine is showing 1.3ish but the brakes on the trailer do not engage at all. At this point not sure it its the controller or the trailer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same brake controller on mine. You need to adjust the brake controller to increase the voltage.

I have maxed it out w/max boost not sure. but maybe i'm not getting enough voltage input? I have wired the relay in place as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Doesn't the controller supply a voltage proportional to the braking force it senses? So at a standstill if you stomp on the brakes it won't do anything. Is there maybe a hysteresis to the trailer brakes where they will stay engaged at 1.3 after coming to a stop but 1.3 isn't enough to make them engage? You shouldn't need much braking force to hold a stopped vehicle - the Treg is enough.

·
Registered
2013 VW Touareg TDI Sport w/tech
944 Posts
If you have a proportional brake controller, it will NOT put out much voltage at a standstill while the vehicle is level. It detects slope, and also has a built in accelerometer to detect deceleration force when you press the brake. It figures out how much is needed depending on your base settings.

It is NORMAL for the voltage level to only rise a fraction of full output if you are level and not moving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts