Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing the Tekonsha P3 in a friends 2014 Touareg with factory tow package. This is my second install, having put one in my own 2014 back in February. So I have made up the connector harness and connected the controller to the elusive plug under the dash. Also the 7 pin connector at the rear of the vehicle. No power to the P3. Trouble shoot back and no power coming from the vehicle side of the under dash plug at the #2 pin that is Red/Yellow on the vehicle side and black on the controller side.
Any one experienced this before? Is it a software issue, or a a missing fuse? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So the dealer "reprogrammed the computer" but does not know anything about the braking related wiring.
So still no power at the red/yellow wire. Is this wire fused and where is or should the fuse be located?
Thanks again for any insight! Ted

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer "rebooted" the computer, said that should do it, claimed no knowledge of anything else to be done. Still no joy, need to get power to the red/yellow vehicle wire. They want to blame the brake controller.
I can't believe the dealer response to these issues. Most people buy these Tregs to tow, yet they want nothing to do with that aspect. It could be a good profit centre for them, they wanted nothing to do with the controller install. This is St. Catherine's Volkswagen.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealership mechanic found that number 5 fuse on the passenger side fuse block was blown. He replaced it with a 30 ampere fuse. Problem solved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hope the #5 fuse is my problem. I'll check it tomorrow. Today I spent hours trying to find the elusive gray foam and wiring up the prodigy 2 harness. After I got it all back together, no power! What a knuckle buster job with no result. Maybe the fuse……….
Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Three cheers for this Forum! I checked the #5 fuse on the passengers side fuse box and it was blown! Go figure that that fuse would be blown for mine as well as for Motordr. Thanks for the heads up.
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am installing the Tekonsha P3 in a friends 2014 Touareg with factory tow package. This is my second install, having put one in my own 2014 back in February. So I have made up the connector harness and connected the controller to the elusive plug under the dash. Also the 7 pin connector at the rear of the vehicle. No power to the P3. Trouble shoot back and no power coming from the vehicle side of the under dash plug at the #2 pin that is Red/Yellow on the vehicle side and black on the controller side.
Any one experienced this before? Is it a software issue, or a a missing fuse? Thanks for any help.
Battled with finding power on Pin 2 on the 4 pin connector under the dash, and with everyones help I was able to figure this out. Again it was the number 5 fuse on the right-side fuse box. Thanks for everyones input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts