Club Touareg Forum banner

Teak

5K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Clipsmeyer 
#1 ·
I have located a TDI White with Teak. I want white but not sure about the teak. Anyone out there have Teak? Any pros or cons? And what about resell???

#5 ·
My opinion, and I've said it before - The Campanella White with the Teak interior is the most spectacular color groups in all of TOUAREG land.

I don't think you can go wrong, because the combo is incredible!

#7 ·
The teak interior was one of the things I wanted most and was able to get. The dark carpet looks like it will hide a lot of the accumulated grime that made the beige interior of my Passat look grubbier than it was, while the carpeting isn't so black that the hairs from my Jack Russell terriers will stand out too horribly when I stop cleaning the car every week. The vavonna wood trim is beautiful and nowhere near as dark as the wood trim for the other colors.

The teak leather looks wonderful, and it looks like it will stand up well to the aforementioned Jack Rusells, my almost five year old daughter and her friends and climbing in and out of the T'reg in barn or other outdoors clothes. It's not too hot, so far, in a Washington DC summer, and it looks invitingly cozy for the fall and winter weather ahead.

In the two weeks that I've had my Touareg, I've already received a lot of positive comments from strangers about the teak interior.

Cathy

V8 Offroad Gray, Teak, no kitchen sink

#8 ·
I had at first though I'd love the teak interior on the Offroad Gray. I even wanted to get it on the Shadow Blue. But, when I saw it in person I didn't like the color at all. Seemed just a bit too orange and not enough brown. But, everyone has their own opinions. Some will say it adds to the appearance of the vehicle and increases resale while others will say it hurts it. As Spock noted though, all you need to worry about with resale is if you find someone else who likes it. Judging just from the boards, that should be too hard.

#9 ·
I love my teak. My dealer told me that teak and the antracite are the colors most in demand.
Advantage for resale = all the carpet areas are the same color as the antracite which result in an excellent dirt cover up.
IMHO best color available I had a choice between reflex silver with antracite or the reflex silver with teak. You know what I picked;)

#10 ·
NOLA-

I love the Teak interior color. IMHO, Teak is a love it or hate it color.

So far it seems to wear well but I anticipate needing to clean it more than the Anthracite or other dark color.

The good news for you is that IF you like Teak, White is the only other color besides Black which makes the color a no brainer. I'm sure Teak works with other exteriors but Black and White are the easiest to pull off.

Regarding resale, I would only consider how popular White is as an exterior color. The Teak will complement it well.

I have a couple of photos of my interior in my gallery so check it out.

#11 ·
I am really happy with the white/teal combo. I get get a ton of compliments on it.

Here are links to some very large garage pictures I took when a similar question came up on the vortex. Note I have since put on the VW Karthoum 18" wheels, i.e. need new poser pics.

one

two

three

four

five

six

seven

#14 ·
congrats on your v10. I just picked up my Offroad grey with teak a few hours ago. The Teak is a great interior!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.