Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's finally time to get a diesel Touareg. Related vehicles also considered but first choice seems to be the V10 so far. (I did drive a BMW 335xiD last week for comparison and was very impressed. The 20x11 / 315mm tires are over the top.)

If there's someone in the region that has a TDI for sale, have 10K cash on hand. Maybe a bit more for an exceptional example.

Ready to buy asap. Clean titles only.

Let's see what's out there?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
159 Posts
WVGPT77L46D064294
140,xxx
White/tan beautiful body and interior.
4-zone climate control and heated seats
Keyless entry and start/stop
No rear diff lock
Rear camera and parking sensors.
Hitch and trailer brake controller.

Located in Montrose/Ouray, Colorado. Your drive out here to look at it and pick it up will be an unforgettable trip! Or I may be able to deliver for airfare back. Would consider partial trades for a newer X3, X5, or Cayenne S.

Your choice from among four sets of tires and rims--18" originals with good AT tires, 2 sets of 20" Cayenne wheels, one with snows and one with ATs, and 22" aftermarket wheels with street tires (worn).

Has been in our family since 7/20/2010 when it had 57,600 miles.
EGR 2017.
Tandem pump gasket 2018.
Center driveshaft bearing a year or two ago.
Glow plugs 65,000 and harness 75,000.
No other significant repairs.
Synthetic oil every 10,000 miles in my home shop.

Cracked windshield I can get replaced for $250, busted right-hand knob on stereo/nav, NAV DVD needs to be replaced or buffed (scratched), a few rock chips, missing one of the plastic flaps covering the lock on roof rack, left.

Brake pad light on but pads are fine. Bad sensor?

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With nothing else in the immediate area to choose from, we made the plunge and picked up a local rig. Fundamentally I did not want to buy the first one we saw and drove.

Already having a bit of fun and installed a set of KN filters. Couldn't resist and removed the air box scoops as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts