Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Does any one know if one has a 6-cyc, if one can have a 5-cyc TDI engine put in when it may become availble in a few years?

2. Does any one know how to get a smaller key fob; its way too big for my likes.

3. Anyone know which would be a good run-flat tire to replace the current tires with?

·
Registered
467 Posts
an engine swap is always possible for the right price. I don't know that it will be worth it to actually swap a TDI. That would be something like 20 grand probably

the dealership is the only place to get the fey as far as I know.

what kind of run flat would you like, street or off road or both

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Street run-flat. I would hope the dealer would do it for a small cost. You see, I am not a T-reg owner, but probably will buy not later than 31 Dec 03.

I assume, if I might, that a fey is what you call a fob? Indeed, these key fobs are rather bulky -- I am used to traveling light and buy only the thinist ele skin wallets and only carry $20 bills as so not to bulk-up on small bills.

Did you have a dealer prep fee? I heard from one person, not on a T-reg though (actually a Nissan Titan) that the dealer prep fee was about $900, and for that you get three things: (1) the shipping plastic pulled off, (2) the front window tinted, and (3) the vehicle washed.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I had no dealer prep fee......well none that is noticable. It is usually included in the price of the vehicle one way or another.

I am just like you when it comes to traveling light. The key is HUGE. my key rign has two other keys on it and the HUGE one for my VW. I am unaware of a way to get around this. My brother drives a lexus and the alarm button are on the actuall key itself. The key is not much bigger that your standard house key. That would be nice to have.

SP Sport 9000 DSST are a great run flat....I like the asthetic qualities and i hear they are also great for performance on the street. I am not sure of the sizes depending on the wheels you have or will get. I have always been happy with dunlops

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
azlinbackr
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing