Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,

Can any of you give me some insight into what they have decided to do with the Touareg 3.0L TDI Emissions solution here in Canada? I have the Execline with the R-line added. I wonder how the solution or fix in Canada will affect peoples opinions of their "top of the line T-reg" they purchased, thinking it would have certain fuel consumption, horse power, and AdBlue fluid usage. Plus any other effects this solution will have immediately and down the road to the life of my vehicle. When I purchased this vehicle in august of 2015 I intended to keep it for a lifespan of 15 years approximately. Is the class action lawsuite settlement in Canada worth it when all is said and done?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey Y'all,

Can any of you give me some insight into what they have decided to do with the Touareg 3.0L TDI Emissions solution here in Canada? I have the Execline with the R-line added. I wonder how the solution or fix in Canada will affect peoples opinions of their "top of the line T-reg" they purchased, thinking it would have certain fuel consumption, horse power, and AdBlue fluid usage. Plus any other effects this solution will have immediately and down the road to the life of my vehicle. When I purchased this vehicle in august of 2015 I intended to keep it for a lifespan of 15 years approximately. Is the class action lawsuite settlement in Canada worth it when all is said and done?
Check this Facebook link re the Canadian VW V6 3.0 TDI Diesel Forum for information/updates on the 3.0L litigation in Canada: https://www.facebook.com/groups/259945154412938/

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

It would still be nice to develop a discussion on the Club Touareg website about this. If anyone else can chime in on here that would be great, thanks~!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been looking for updates on the web regarding the outcomes of the two hearings this week. Quebec was supposed to proceed on Tuesday and Ontario was supposed to proceed today but I can't find anything. How long should we expect to wait before we hear some news on this?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've been looking for updates on the web regarding the outcomes of the two hearings this week. Quebec was supposed to proceed on Tuesday and Ontario was supposed to proceed today but I can't find anything. How long should we expect to wait before we hear some news on this?
For updates on the progress of the settlement in Canada I suggest joining the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/259945154412938/

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ontario judge reserved his decision. Likely a couple of weeks before he comes back with his choice.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really curious how much it would change horse power and fuel consumption, and ad blue fluid required .... plus any other effect it might have.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ontario judge reserved his decision. Likely a couple of weeks before he comes back with his choice.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks for that update. Good to know. I am not on facebook and the last couple times I tried the link, it was asking to sign in.

I'm really curious how much it would change horse power and fuel consumption, and ad blue fluid required .... plus any other effect it might have.
Not noticing much in terms of power changes. Fuel consumption on the highway looks to be about 1L/100km worse but that is just one trip so far in cooler weather. As far as AdBlue, I'm noticing more "smoke" out the back when I step on it. Can't help but think that is AdBlue being pumped out the back :wink2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Other factors to consider

Aside from the effect on mileage and adblue, you need to take into account the loss of the engine brake, performance impact in “sport mode” and future demand for the vehicle (resale). Considering that VW has essentially changed the characteristics in why I purchased the vehicle in 2014, I’m not overly happy with the settlement... I wonder who the lawyers consulted with in determining the settlement as Canadian Touareg owners potentially receive a fraction of what the US owners get.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You're lucky to have got anything.

In Europe VW owners have received not one cent despite VAG's outrageous conspiratorial dishonesty.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Maybe the European VW owners should sue their governments. Currently a law suit is winding it's way against the Canadian government and the Province of Quebec is suing VW for health care cost impact ($35.00/resident).

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have purchased a 3.0L V6 TDI Touareg (2016) Execline (Canadian)
I'm still happy with the performance knowing the AEM (Approved Emissions Mod) has been performed on it.

My other experience is my 2012 Jetta TDI that I put 287k kilometers on it before the AEM was applied.

Since the AEM was only recently applied to the Jetta - I'm waiting for a few significant fuel ups to see if there is a noticeable difference in fuel economy. Otherwise - I haven't noticed any change in performance.

On the note regarding the Emissions Settlement payout (they promised a cheque in 15 business days and I got mine in 10)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here's my story. I had planned on keeping my 2010 (assuming the partial fix is approved), however 2 months ago I pulled into the driveway and it quit on me. Electrical issue in the center console so it was incorrectly showing as stuck in 1st. I had it hauled to VW on a flatbed, they spent 6 hours on it (on their dime which was nice). At this point it was now movable, so they called and asked if I'd want the buy-back, and then they'll leave it as is with no charge. So, it's been at the dealer for 2 months, and I'm taking the buyback. Good and bad timing. I loved my Treg and it still looks like brand new, but honestly its been in the shop for probably a solid 2 months in the 9 years I had it and that gets tiring. I already replaced it with a 2016 Chev Colorado LT Extended Cab, V6 4x4, and a 2015 Golf TSI Highline. 2 nearly new vehicles for the price of 1 new Toureg, I can pull my camper and love driving the Golf.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The 2015 Execline Touareg is only getting about 7k .... about half of what owners in the USA were paid for the same emissions fix/scandal. I'm really upset with this settlement because it isn't going to be the vehicle which I bought and had faith in from VW. I might never trust these guys again. Why screw over the Canadian owners like this?

·
Registered
83 Posts
9 Years with my Touareg, and just completed the buy-back yesterday.
I was a little surprised how close they inspected it, (for example pointing out a 1" scuff on the bumper - which I was able to simply wipe off), however it went smoothly.
It looked like new, other than the missing VW emblem off the back (which was my souvenir).
100800 KMS, and 35650 payment received onsite at the dealer.
I had to start it, but didn't have to demonstrate movement.
Sad to see it go, but the maintenance was off the charts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
9 Years with my Touareg, and just completed the buy-back yesterday.
I was a little surprised how close they inspected it, (for example pointing out a 1" scuff on the bumper - which I was able to simply wipe off), however it went smoothly.
It looked like new, other than the missing VW emblem off the back (which was my souvenir).
100800 KMS, and 35650 payment received onsite at the dealer.
I had to start it, but didn't have to demonstrate movement.
Sad to see it go, but the maintenance was off the charts.

You got paid $35K for a 2010 Touareg? Wowzers!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just for others who are still contemplating purchasing a 2013+ MY Touareg, TDI... If you purchase from a VW dealer, they will have to have emissions fix completed. and you will not be able to get any settlement from VW.

If you buy from a non-VW dealer, or privately, you will still be able to get the settlement (provided you will complete the emissions fix).

If there were 2 owners or more, you won't get more than $3,500.

·
Registered
23 Posts
PS. How do I know? Purchased my '14 TDI Touareg from a VW dealer. When I test drove it, it did not have emissions test applied. Put deposit, got credit approved. Just before delivery, they delayed it by 2 days to do emissions test. Now VW says I can't get anything because the vehicle was not in my possession when the fix was applied.

Really sneaky. We'll see what happens, I have appealed that decision.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just did the update and am not happy at all afterwards. I can not believe that volkswagen would let this happen to their vehicle. I also can not believe that the class action lawyers or judge were thinking of the touareg owners when they created this "fix". Very unhappy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
PS. How do I know? Purchased my '14 TDI Touareg from a VW dealer. When I test drove it, it did not have emissions test applied. Put deposit, got credit approved. Just before delivery, they delayed it by 2 days to do emissions test. Now VW says I can't get anything because the vehicle was not in my possession when the fix was applied.

Really sneaky. We'll see what happens, I have appealed that decision.

brain fart. replace "emissions test" with "emissions fix".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts