Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tail gate suddenly decided it would not stay up.

anyone in syd/Gos/Newcastle replaced them?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I assume you have looked at the how to on here and therefore just need the parts listed and the all important piece of luber for a day in your workshop?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I assume you meant lumber nooby! I happen to have new struts for the glass and one new strut for the tailgate. Was meant to get 2 tailgate struts but there was a mix up with the seller. Part numbers 7L6845587A x2, and 7L6827550N x1.
$110 delivered if interested. You would have to source 1 more tailgate strut yourself.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
No, the how-to definitely states luber!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Bye the way I need to replace mine as well. Not completely gone but banged the scone the other day. They can be re gassed but the removal is the issue for me.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bye the way I need to replace mine as well. Not completely gone but banged the scone the other day. They can be re gassed but the removal is the issue for me.
me too..feeling lazy!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Get off your arse, buy the bits, get your tool out, find the luber and crack on with it!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Hey Ian, tailgate or hatch not staying up? If tailgate, I thought you had the electric opening one which is a different animal altogether to the ' Mexican version'. John

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Hey Ian, tailgate or hatch not staying up? If tailgate, I thought you had the electric opening one which is a different animal altogether to the ' Mexican version'. John
No mine is the manual one. Electric on the Sq WHICH i ALWAYS TRY TO OPEN BY FORCE.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yep, I'm forever smacking 'helpful' people in the chops for manually opening but more often closing the hatch. C'est la vie. John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is the same. Could anyone write exact part number for tail gate and is there any tutorial to how to replace it? It nothing looks like my old Commodore. By the way I've got 2006 v6 tdi.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
The technical term for the precise tool used in the procedure is luber. lumber is something you use for renovation work, luber is specifically for hatch strut replacement procedures.

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,436 Posts
I found a nice gentleman on ebay.de that indicates that he has a piece of luber that has the VW/Audi logo on it. It is 45" long and he will ship it here in an audi/vw logod box for only $900.00 which includes the delivery charge! Wow! So I got him to send two!!! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
900 is an incredible deal. Good find!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
If you found those in Germany measured in INCHES then regrettably you have fallen foul of all the Chinese copies, known as VAGCONs, that are being knocked out and passed off as genuine OEM items since genuine VAGCOM Lubers are measured in CENTIMETRES.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts