Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen and if you turned off the ignition you could auto-up the windows as long as you didn't open the door until they were up. I now have a 2015 Touareg Exec and the window auto-up stops working after you turn off the ignition. You can still hold the switches and the windows will go up, but the auto-up does not work. Is there any way to make the auto-up switches work properly after you've turned off the ignition? I don't have VCDS, but I do have Carista, which doesn't seem to have any options related to this.

·
Registered
460 Posts
This may or may not help ya' but it's worth a try. When you shut the ignition off roll the window all the way down then hold the switch in the down position for 5 seconds. Repeat this procedure for the up position. Hopefully it solves it for ya'.

·
Registered
90 Posts
This happens on my T1 after the battery has been off.... dunno if it will help you but worth a try.... so to reset the auto up/down I keep the engine running and then at the same time put both front windows down then up then down again then back up .... after this they work fine in auto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still no luck getting auto-up buttons to work with ignition off. Any other suggestions? To be clear the auto up works fine with the ignition turned on. After pressing the stop engine button the windows will not auto-up. In my old Jetta you could still auto-up the windows until you open the door.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
It could be a nanny device to stop anyone left in the car raising the windows and trapping themselves without the responsible person - i.e. the key holder - being present and aware.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
noobytoogy
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing