Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new T4 last week and already got hit by a rock on a highway and cracked fog light glass.
i see the part is available for around $140 on VW site, but how to install it?
does it require bumper removal or is it simple enough to swap it without major work?

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
Just got a new T4 last week and already got hit by a rock on a highway and cracked fog light glass.
i see the part is available for around $140 on VW site, but how to install it?
does it require bumper removal or is it simple enough to swap it without major work?
Not sure about the T3, but I know on the T1-2 there is a panel you remove that surrounds the light. Look at yours and see if you can remove just that panel.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Someone recently posted on here about how they found a different foglight that would fit. Trying to find it.. I could have swore it was the jetta lights, and it was MUCH cheaper than the touareg lights.

EDIT - Found it

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f64/inexpensive-replacement-fog-light-housing-for-t3-243377.html

It was Mark VI golf not the Jetta. But he included pictures of the install.

More edit - looks like amazon has them for 50 bucks for the pair.

https://www.amazon.com/Front-Bumper-Light-Jetta-Sportwagen/dp/B006B3CF62

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
Umm, bet that is going to be expensive. That is more then likely not just a lense, but you could get lucky. You appear to have driver assist since that is a front camera or radar sensor next to the fog light. You don't have the fogs the rest of us have.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to VW dealer.
Entire Fog light unit is $123, half an hour to swap it, so $175 total
so not too bad, im glad rock hit the fog not a hood or windshield (insurance deductible is 500) :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Late reply, but the bumper does not need to come off. Like the T1 and T2, there is a panel that pops off to access the fog and ACC sonar module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Late reply, but the bumper does not need to come off. Like the T1 and T2, there is a panel that pops off to access the fog and ACC sonar module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet, thanks
i guess i try to do it myself and save 60$ on labor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts