Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Im looking into purchasing a 2014 Touareg in the next few months. One thing that keeps messing with my OCD mind, is what actually goes into the hole where the air suspension dial should be? What do you put there? What did you do to it if you modified it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I leave mine empty most of the time.

Every now and then, if I need to, I'd put the key in it.

My wife uses it for her paper trash, gum wrappers, used napkins . . .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gum wrappers hahaha! My girlfriend currently puts that in my Subaru Legacy's ashtray. Its a graveyard of used gum now.

Do you (or anybody) know what the dimensions of that place are?

Diameter and Depth?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Trash.

·
Learner
5,171 Posts
I had the same dilemma when i bought my first Touareg, always left it empty and then decided the best way to use it would be to get air suspension:) can't ever think of not having air now

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I had the same dilemma when i bought my first Touareg, always left it empty and then decided the best way to use it would be to get air suspension:) can't ever think of not having air now
Smart @ss. You beat me to it, LOL! I searched for a while before I found one with air and rear diff locker.

Back OT, I don't know why VW left a hole there. Seems like a nice cover would have been better.

Maybe add an "Easy" button? Or one of those covered red switches like they use in aircraft? Hook it up to a "red alert" siren. LOL!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Smart @ss. You beat me to it, LOL! I searched for a while before I found one with air and rear diff locker.

Back OT, I don't know why VW left a hole there. Seems like a nice cover would have been better.

Maybe add an "Easy" button? Or one of those covered red switches like they use in aircraft? Hook it up to a "red alert" siren. LOL!
This would be my preference as well if it were available in the US!

·
Registered
734 Posts
I had the same dilemma when i bought my first Touareg, always left it empty and then decided the best way to use it would be to get air suspension
can't ever think of not having air now
I've got a funny round knob in mine. :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
storage for trash, water bottle caps, and sometimes my key (push button start),

1 - 20 of 35 Posts