Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this last year before I got rid of my T3.

Car Video Interface for Volkswagen RCD 550. Buy in Online Store

This unit piggybacks on the RCD550 head unit and integrates into the T3 CAN bus to provide the backup camera functionality. It also has AV inputs for head rest monitors while maintaining the touch screen functionality of the RCD550 system.

All you need is a back up camera, factory or aftermarket.

$150 + shipping from 95060

User manual

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have the stock VW RCD550 head unit (non-navigation) then it should install just fine.

Also, I am not too sure about this information, but depending on the production date of your touareg, you might have the wiring harness installed for the VW rear camera. If you do, then this unit will use the CAN bus for the camera, otherwise, there are aftermarket bluetooth cameras that will work with this video interface. There are some nice 160 degree rear view camera that would work quite well with this video interface.

check out the link to the instructions and they will have all the details on what you will need for installation and compatible cameras.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.