Club Touareg Forum banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Why would you expect to hear "bass" from the tweeters? The tweeters will not audibly reproduce bass frequencies. The bass power however could be still delivered to the tweeter speaker coil - this is the danger. If the tweeters are rated at the same power as the 6 inch drivers then no issue but tweeters are generally not rated like this - they will have a lower power dissipation rating (as the ear is more sensitive to higher tones and thus a high power rating is not required). A simple series capacitor will isolate the bass frequencies from the tweeter. If this can be done without removing door liners then very nice - I will be checking the wiring for the most accessible location to add said capacitors. What size capacitor to add - well the tweeter impedance will be required and the desired cutoff frequency. Any one have an idea what impedance the tweeters are? 2/4/6/8 ohm?
i see no reason it would be sending bass to the tweeters...there are cross overs and the system sounds perfect...there is nothing that shows any sign its damaging anything...and you know what if it blows them up so be it....i will take the 10x better sound with the slim chance i need to put better speakers in...this system was PATHETIC before ive had 20 dollar bluetooth speakers that could produce better audio.....this makes this much more like a system that comes in a high end suv. Again i hear no sign of audio degradation or damage

·
Registered
304 Posts
That bit actually doesn't enable the Dynaudio profile it just disables the EQ on the factory amp which in turn flattens the sound out. It's for if you are adding a aftermarket amplifier. I enabled this when I first bought my 2017 last year. Since then, I've been through a pair of tweeters since the system starts sending lows to all the speakers with this bit set. Sure it sounds great, but plan on installing aftermarket tweeters at some point and preferably something to limit the lows.
Finally reloaded ELSAWIN and looked at the circuitry for the 7P. The stock audio places the tweeter in parallel with the door base/mid range i.e. the connection from the "radio" is the same for the tweeter and the door base/mid range. No cross over is shown. The digital option (Dynaudio) shows separate feeds for every speaker from the "radio".

This does not preclude a cross over being fitted stock to the respective speakers and thus buried in the "speaker" part number.

So this removes the easy option of fitting crossovers in the one location - the trunk where the radio is located. The cross overs will need to be fitted in each door drat it as this is where the wiring appears to split to each speaker . . . I simply hate taking the door liners off :-(

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
been a while now and the recode the radio has been AMAZING....the factory speakers have built in resistors to keep the wrong signals going to the tweeters. I have had no issues with mine speakers are all still fine and ive been using it at high volumes because it sounds so so good.

Best thing ive done to this thing by far.....anyone dont be afraid this saved me a great deal of money that i was going to spend to make the stereo better.

·
Registered
124 Posts
been a while now and the recode the radio has been AMAZING....the factory speakers have built in resistors to keep the wrong signals going to the tweeters. I have had no issues with mine speakers are all still fine and ive been using it at high volumes because it sounds so so good.

Best thing ive done to this thing by far.....anyone dont be afraid this saved me a great deal of money that i was going to spend to make the stereo better.
Just finished the radio recode on my 2016 and extremely impressed with the change in sound quality!!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I also recoded the radio and it worked on my 2017. The audio is noticeably more dynamic now than before. I agree that it seems to undo a flatness. After recoding, I restarted the radio, but don't know if that is required.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've had to pretty much turn the bass most of the way down on my stereo after doing this. The rear door speakers nearly drown out my 1000w 10 inch sub in the back. Had to adjust the amp gain as well because I feed the amp with speaker inputs and the power increase or increase in bass was VERY noticable to the amp. Even just sport talk on the radio the voices had so much bass it was too much.

·
Registered
217 Posts
After a few tries it took and saved new code. All I gotta say is WOW! Amazing why VW wouldn’t have this setting from factory. I have a pair of Soumatrix speakers I got off a forum member a while back that haven’t installed. Wondering how system will sounds after these are installed plus new coding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Its quite, shall i say, fraudulent, of VW to purposefully detune the stock sound system this much. Honestly, this was the one area i thought damn i should have bought an Exec package. Hell, my 2005 Jetta TDI GLS with the monsoon system sounded 10x better than my new TReg. After the radio recode, wow what a difference. Its unbelievable how much better it sounds. The full range of sound can be heard now. Quite impressed and thankful someone found this out for the community.

·
Registered
347 Posts
anyone know how to disable pad wear warning?

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
digging up an old thread, but here is another one that I found that wasn't in this list.

It activates the dynaudio profile for non dynaudio sound systems.

1. Select the " 56 - Radio" unit.
2. Enter the section " 07 - Encoding " and press " Long encoding "
3. Byte 4 - replace the value 01 with the value 00
4. Save and exit
Hi there,
I am trying to activate the Dynaudio profile in my 2013 Treg using OBDeleven. I have the radio control unit on the list of the ECU's but it's not active. Do I need a VAG - COM to do this?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any of you guys had any issues after enabling “dynaudio” sound profile? Blown speakers? Blown Radio unit?
Just did the change on my 2012 Touareg and it seems a little too much comparing to what It sounded before :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any of you guys had any issues after enabling “dynaudio” sound profile? Blown speakers? Blown Radio unit?
Just did the change on my 2012 Touareg and it seems a little too much comparing to what It sounded before :)
Too much in a good way or bad way?
No one reported anything bad so far. The only bad thing that may happen is to blow the speakers. Anyway don't abuse it...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
In a good way, of course :)
Did anyone find out what this setting really means? Officialy I mean.
Does the factory-equipped Dynaudio treg have this coding or is it a totally diferrent radio unit and coding?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I owned a 2011 Hybrid. Are we able to unlock assist features like lane assist, lane departure warning etc...?

101 - 120 of 129 Posts