Club Touareg Forum banner

61 - 80 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a US T3. I want mph on the Alternate Display, but all I can get is km/h no matter what language I set the system to. I suspect that his problem is the opposite. Why do I want this? It's so the I can have digital display at all time, no matter what other option is shown in the MFD. I'm sure its a VCDS setting, but I don't know what controller the change might even be in to compare settings.
Was there any workaround to this? I have MPH and having shipped the car to NZ now need the dials to have KPH. They are blacked out so assume they are digitally conveyed. I do have a central large KPH digital alternative - to drive in Europe - but I need the dials to read KPH as well.

Can this be VAGCOM'd? Will I need a whole new cluster?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, thanks. Tried another company who didn't want to know. I assume even if its possible the miles still rack up as miles not kilometres.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anyone know how to change the setting for the front windshield wiper interval when using the washer fluid function on a 2013 Touareg TDI via VAG_COM? I have the Ross Tech software and cable.

When I pull the windshield washer lever to activate the washer fluid on the front windshield, I get three wipes of the wipers and then it waits about 5-10 seconds and does a fourth wipe. This last delayed wipe puts streaks on the windshield every time and is annoying.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to disable the seatbelt chime with VAGCOM? I am not concerned with the flashing light. Just the chime pisses me off. I know I don't have my seatbelt on. I just don't need it rammed in my face. :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone tried coding to get key working while the car is running? I looked around in VCDS and didn't see anything that was straight forward.
I have a 2013 V6 FSI Exec with KESSY.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tailgate Warning Chime Disable

I just thought I'd post that you can disable the tailgate warning chime that goes off when you operate the electronic tailgate opener from anywhere other the the tailgate itself. (at least it did on my USA 2014 Touareg)

VAG-COM: Disable Tailgate warning
6D - Trunk elec.
Change long code from: 0533314002
to: 0513314002

Actually, you will find it as part of the "long code helper" but I don't remember exactly what the wording was. I apologize for being vague, but, it should be easy to figure out. Sorry if this was already posted, but just in case anyone was searching I posted this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi first time on here, can someone re post the link for gear display wit D and S. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'll jump in..

Does anyone know of a Vagcom setting to make the map auto display a little more aggressive? When navigating in the city, the default zooms out too far and I have to manually zoom in to see exactly when the turn is.. A long shot, I know, but it bugs me.

·
Registered
316 Posts
May 2012 build, TDI. Different controller, and for the gear display, 001568 showed high oil pressure also in the display ,as well as a warning and a check engine light as soon as I went in reverse.

001168 showed gears in Drive display also, and appeared to modify my shift points slightly also, seemed to hit harder on the shifts and the drive train, taking away the normal smoothness on the shifts. This was with the 30 second floor the throttle pedal "relearn" application applied both times.

I ended up putting mine back to the stock setting of 001368 after playing with this mod. Car now shifts great again, in the meat of the torque band, right where I like it.

YMMV, something in the later build 2012 tdi's has a newer version of a module, that I believe now ends in the number "3" versus earlier versions ended in "0"
All, is there an update to the gear number display in the cluster? I have a 2014 and all the old threads indicate the alternate coding is not ideal. I haven't found any more recent info.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sorry about digging up an old thread but when I tried to attempt this, looking at my long coding its almost 20 values... and the B byte is a letter already. So i'm abit confused. Can anyone help?
Did I completely miss something.?

Change A and B to 1.
52 Door Elect, Pass.
Long coding, Byte 4 -> Bits 2 and 6: 0B000A00

....Byte: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Position: 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0

B is 6th byte and A is 2nd byte.

I used alphabets to indicate the byte as using number could confuse as well.

On vehicle without memory seats, change the 6th and 2nd (B&A) byte to 1

On mine, mirror does not return to normal position while vehicle is standing still where it was reversed at. Once vehicle moves forward the mirror will return to its normal position.

Car's with memory seats should have this feature activated already.

·
Registered
18 Posts
c4ar,

Yep my trailer is not on the lids way and the previous Audi Q5 did power open and close with trailer so I would like to have Touareg to do same..

I found the adaptation and it seems to have something to do with lid control BUT I need the security code kaboom

shows the option but doesn't allow to change until security code is entered.

The common 20113 doesn't work...

Anyone....?
Photobucket now blocks the images. Does anyone have a copy of this? I printed out a hard copy but have mislaid it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
digging up an old thread, but here is another one that I found that wasn't in this list.

It activates the dynaudio profile for non dynaudio sound systems.

1. Select the " 56 - Radio" unit.
2. Enter the section " 07 - Encoding " and press " Long encoding "
3. Byte 4 - replace the value 01 with the value 00
4. Save and exit

·
Registered
161 Posts
What does the dynaudio offer from the normal version? More options in the menu, better sound?

Thanks, the Vagcom thread hasn't seen much new in a while and this is!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sorry, I should have expanded on it.
From what I can tell it changes the eq settings and increases the lower frequencies without muffling the sound like it does when you increase the bass on the non dynaudio profile. You can actually feel some bass now.
There aren't any extra options that i have seen.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Good find Ewic33. Keen to hear your reactions too tdub once you have made the change.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You know what. I would actually like to have a look at the settings (VCDS settings) in my Treg as I have the Dynaudio and I tell you what, for the most part, the bass is really poor/lacking!! Got me stuffed why they didn't put a sub in these great rigs.

61 - 80 of 129 Posts