Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 60 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Try the following:
Setup/Settings/Units

There should be an option to switch from MPH to KM/H.

·
Banned
3,336 Posts
Can you go in to language and pick a country like USA, then go into setup>settings>units and then switch to KM/H

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Hmm. Seems to work for me. Maybe I do not understand exactly what you want.

·
Registered
137 Posts
fincher said:
Hmm. Seems to work for me. Maybe I do not understand exactly what you want.
So when I switch from km/h to mph in settings menu it only changes the large read out. The small alternate speed display stays as mph. I want the small to be km/h. Anyone else able to get km/h in the alternate speed display?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
So you only want km/h on both the large and small read out? if so, then I am not sure how to achieve this setting. If I use mph for the large then I would get the km/h for the small one...and I guess vice versa when I change the large to km/h.

·
Registered
271 Posts
So you only want km/h on both the large and small read out? if so, then I am not sure how to achieve this setting. If I use mph for the large then I would get the km/h for the small one...and I guess vice versa when I change the large to km/h.
I have a US T3. I want mph on the Alternate Display, but all I can get is km/h no matter what language I set the system to. I suspect that his problem is the opposite. Why do I want this? It's so the I can have digital display at all time, no matter what other option is shown in the MFD. I'm sure its a VCDS setting, but I don't know what controller the change might even be in to compare settings.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I presume that the display is always the opposite of the MFD setting. My car is set for km/h on the MFD so the alternate display is in mph. Perhaps there is a way to change this using the VAG-COM, but it does not make sense that the manufacturer would make this a standard feature.

·
Registered
142 Posts
What's wrong with the speedometer? I think that's big enough to display your speed 😃😃😃

I know it's a preference but I get confused looking at all those numbers below the large digital speed display.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I presume that the display is always the opposite of the MFD setting. My car is set for km/h on the MFD so the alternate display is in mph. Perhaps there is a way to change this using the VAG-COM, but it does not make sense that the manufacturer would make this a standard feature.
Any idea Kleinbus?

·
Registered
89 Posts
In Australia we are KPH. But I also woudl liek KPH on both displays, seems to be KPH on teh big display and MPH on teh small

·
Registered
271 Posts
incorrect. I can change the MFD by changing the settings from MPH to km/h, but the alt display always stays km/h.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i'ved tried several options with vcds - no way to change the alternative speed into the same stand as the big one. :confused:

It was me who asked kleinbus :D

this feature is very cryptic. If someone could find out - let us know pls

·
Banned
3,336 Posts
I have a US T3. I want mph on the Alternate Display, but all I can get is km/h no matter what language I set the system to. I suspect that his problem is the opposite. Why do I want this? It's so the I can have digital display at all time, no matter what other option is shown in the MFD. I'm sure its a VCDS setting, but I don't know what controller the change might even be in to compare settings.
If it's anything like my 2012 passat tdi, you want to go into Body Control Module on VAGCOM / VCDS, and then I am guessing you would have to go into Long Code Helper to find what you are looking for... keep using the left or right arrows to scroll left or right.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have 1568 on my 2012 and same coding is on another 2012 TDI without any issues so as you said, it have to have something to do with the different controller.

Anyways, thank you being first one with different controller to test and speaking out about the error...
I've had mine coded 1568 for the last 13k miles. No issues at all...no fault codes in VAG either. VAG part number for controller same as in the posted JPG.

·
Banned
3,336 Posts
May 2012 build, TDI. Different controller, and for the gear display, 001568 showed high oil pressure also in the display ,as well as a warning and a check engine light as soon as I went in reverse.

001168 showed gears in Drive display also, and appeared to modify my shift points slightly also, seemed to hit harder on the shifts and the drive train, taking away the normal smoothness on the shifts. This was with the 30 second floor the throttle pedal "relearn" application applied both times.

I ended up putting mine back to the stock setting of 001368 after playing with this mod. Car now shifts great again, in the meat of the torque band, right where I like it.

YMMV, something in the later build 2012 tdi's has a newer version of a module, that I believe now ends in the number "3" versus earlier versions ended in "0"

·
Registered
107 Posts
May 2012 build, TDI. Different controller, and for the gear display, 001568 showed high oil pressure also in the display ,as well as a warning and a check engine light as soon as I went in reverse.

001168 showed gears in Drive display also, and appeared to modify my shift points slightly also, seemed to hit harder on the shifts and the drive train, taking away the normal smoothness on the shifts. This was with the 30 second floor the throttle pedal "relearn" application applied both times.

I ended up putting mine back to the stock setting of 001368 after playing with this mod. Car now shifts great again, in the meat of the torque band, right where I like it.

YMMV, something in the later build 2012 tdi's has a newer version of a module, that I believe now ends in the number "3" versus earlier versions ended in "0"
Same

41 - 60 of 129 Posts