Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain why, in the U.S., the Touareg TDI simply has a "TDI" badge at the rear right side of the car, but in Europe the Touareg TDI has a "V6 TDI" badge with a "BLUEMOTION TECHNOLOGY" badge immediately underneath in the same area?

Is the explanation simply dumb-it-down marketing because the bare "TDI" is less complicated for a U.S. audience? :-k The European badging looks a lot cooler.

Also, what does the badging read in other parts of the world such as Canada, Asia or Australia?

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Might be different because they offer a V8 TDI and a V6 TDI in Europe?

Canada gets the same plain TDI badge as the US.

·
Registered
350 Posts
VW has too many badges... Their decision to use/not use certain badges confuses me. I see Tiguans carrying 4Motion badges, but my wife's R Line does not have one. Pretty sure I checked there are 4 driveshafts...

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
My Passat B5.5 had a silver V6 but I swapped it for a Euro V6 badge where the '6' was in red. Most of it is silly stuff and marketing.

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
Also, what does the badging read in other parts of the world such as Canada, Asia or Australia?
Australia is the same as Europe.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I'm just going to find a Dirty Diesel badge for mine and replace the TDI (blue I). I was thinking center in under the VW logo like the Cayenne - maybe even in script.

Dirty Dissel
Dirty Dizzel
Durty D

Thoughts? :)

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
No .... no .... the difference obviously is to do with the new cheater diesels vs ok ones

.... or maybe not .... but sounds good :)

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I have never understood why anyone would use the word "motion" .

Whenever iI see it on the back of cars I only ever think of turds - BIG blue ones!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have never understood why anyone would use the word "motion" .

Whenever iI see it on the back of cars I only ever think of turds - BIG blue ones!
Must be a UK thing. :-k

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
VW has too many badges... Their decision to use/not use certain badges confuses me. I see Tiguans carrying 4Motion badges, but my wife's R Line does not have one. Pretty sure I checked there are 4 driveshafts...
New Tiguans have as many as 4 badges on the rear hatch:

TIGUAN
SE/SEL (trim level)
4Motion
2.0L TSI

My '15 GTI had GTI badges front, rear, and both sides. I removed the side and rear ones. Don't want that many stinkin' badges!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Can someone explain why, in the U.S., the Touareg TDI simply has a "TDI" badge at the rear right side of the car, but in Europe the Touareg TDI has a "V6 TDI" badge with a "BLUEMOTION TECHNOLOGY" badge immediately underneath in the same area?
My guess: because historically "simply TDI" badge in Europe was assigned to R5 engine Tregs. :rolleyes: Look, how my R5 was emblazoned.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,840 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Personally, I prefer the dressed down badging we have with just Touareg and TDI on the rear hatch door.
And the R-Line badge only shows in a subtle location on the front grill as well, which I like.

I guess it is a matter of preference really.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
All US 4Motion Tiguans should have a "4Motion" badge on the back. You should also have "4motion" written by the shifter. If yours doesn't have neither then your Tiguan is FWD, otherwise you're missing a badge on the back.

·
Registered
350 Posts
All US 4Motion Tiguans should have a "4Motion" badge on the back. You should also have "4motion" written by the shifter. If yours doesn't have neither then your Tiguan is FWD, otherwise you're missing a badge on the back.
It has 4 driveshafts. The less badge the better. It's just confusing from VW.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts