Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
UPDATE. Fitted the 17 inch wheels with no TPMS. Warning light is on.
Must be a difference between canadian and US models...TPMS is not law up here, its a nice to have. From what I understand US law is such that TPMS is required?

Let me check next time I've got VCDS hooked up to the vehicle to share my TPMS coding...I'd suspect warning vs no warning is programmable. On mine the yellow light in the speedo would not light up, but if you went into your menu on the MFD you'd see that tpms was not functional.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Must be a difference between canadian and US models...TPMS is not law up here, its a nice to have. From what I understand US law is such that TPMS is required?

Let me check next time I've got VCDS hooked up to the vehicle to share my TPMS coding...I'd suspect warning vs no warning is programmable. On mine the yellow light in the speedo would not light up, but if you went into your menu on the MFD you'd see that tpms was not functional.

yes, the nanny state has demanded that all our cars be equipped with this garbage...

I can't even get my dealer to properly calibrate them, so they are consistently reading 3 psi higher than my calibrated air gauge.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I did put my winter tires on last weekend with after market rims and no TPMS sensors and I have no warning light in my dash board. Just business as usual.

Just fine with me...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Has anyone just tried the fuse pull method as used on the previous gen Tregs? I don't mean find the fuse for the TPMS and just pull it. You see what your code is for the TPMS and write it down. Find the fuse then pull it and recoded the TPMS module with the same code. Then when you start the car back up the system should be off. Yes, you won't have an on off in the MFI, but you can just reverse the procedure above in the spring to get it back when you switch wheels.
Is there a reply on this??

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was sorry to see this question was never answered!!!!!! I also own a 2013 TDI executive and would love to know if this works and is recommended . Thanks. I would try it myself but do not own a VAG and need to pay a mechanic shop if I initiate this, which I doubt would legally allow it. Such a nuisance ! I always keep close watch on my tires.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts