Club Touareg Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thank you so much! This helps a lot.

Any chance you can post a side photo square with the truck?

And the big golf/hatch look is catching on. I've seen a few around Atlanta. Most recently were a SQ5 and a similarly sized Infiniti, both with tires slightly tucking. Hell, the stock SQ5 is very low to start with.

Here's an ABT-tuned SQ5: ABT gives the new Audi SQ5 a neat makeover | PerformanceDrive

Yeah, I know that the Touareg is more like the Q7 than the Q5, but the Touareg seems to be closer in size with the Q5 than the longer Q7 (with 3rd row seating). The main takeaway is that this is an emerging look that's coming into fashion with tuners.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
This has been "the look" for Euro cars for the better part of a decade now

Reactions: Strattoa

·
Registered
28 Posts

And the big golf/hatch look is catching on. I've seen a few around Atlanta. Most recently were a SQ5 and a similarly sized Infiniti, both with tires slightly tucking. Hell, the stock SQ5 is very low to start with.

Here's an ABT-tuned SQ5: ABT gives the new Audi SQ5 a neat makeover | PerformanceDrive
View attachment 244582

Yeah, I know that the Touareg is more like the Q7 than the Q5, but the Touareg seems to be closer in size with the Q5 than the longer Q7 (with 3rd row seating). The main takeaway is that this is an emerging look that's coming into fashion with tuners.

View attachment 244582

this is about as close to a rear pic I have. I spotted another R Line (stock) when I was out yesterday so of course I parked next to it and took a pic 😁

And the full side shot

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks. A confirmed installation with pics and a year and a half of service is a great endorsement. I'll order a set soon.

I see that they have some Touaregs (yours?) and Atlas on their IG as well.

Your Touareg is the same color as mine with a somewhat similar Porsche wheel setup. I'm running 19" Panamera Turbo wheels, but now I'm looking for bigger, hahaha. Not sure if I could run 295/35/22s on ATL roads. Maybe 20s with some cushy tires.

Did they happen to give you a install guide PDF? I can't find one on their website.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
As someone mentioned above, the big GTI look. Lowered with Scale Suspension Coilovers. I have been running these for about 17 months. They ride great. Wheels are 22"x10" with 295/35/22 tires. No off roading, but fun street driving!

You can find them here.

They are based in eastern Canada, so no border fees or wait times.

View attachment 244581
Now thats more like it. Thats a sweet looking Rig!

·
Registered
7 Posts
@TDIRLine - very sharp!

I'm looking at the B12 cup kit, hoping it would be a very mild drop with an improved ride. Does anyone have experience with this, and how much it actually lowered the vehicle?

Also, is anyone towing with lowered suspension?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
@TDIRLine - very sharp!

I'm looking at the B12 cup kit, hoping it would be a very mild drop with an improved ride. Does anyone have experience with this, and how much it actually lowered the vehicle?

Same questions I had. I have found out some details from a Ceika rep I spoke to. They would advise a heavier spring rate for the rear if you plan on towing to reduce squat. Most kits come in the 9kg rear rate so I was advised to go to a 12kg. The Godspeed kit is 20kg front and 12kg rear. The set above on TDIRLine is 18kg and 12kg I believe (TY TDIRline). Ceika advised a 16/12kg for me cause I wanted a decent ride with up to 4" of lowering. I have to say I was pretty impressed with their customer service. And free world wide delivery via DHL/UPS. So for me its between Ceika and Scale. BC racing doesn't really do what I want and KW is way overpriced. Just my.02

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
@TDIRLine - very sharp!

Same questions I had. I have found out some details from a Ceika rep I spoke to. They would advise a heavier spring rate for the rear if you plan on towing to reduce squat. Most kits come in the 9kg rear rate so I was advised to go to a 12kg. The Godspeed kit is 20kg front and 12kg rear. The set above on TDIRLine is 18kg and 12kg I believe. Ceika advised a 16/12kg for me cause I wanted a decent ride with up to 4" of lowering. I have to say I was pretty impressed with their customer service. And Free world wide delivery via DHL/UPS. So for me its between Ceika and Scale. BC racing doesn't offer what I want. The Cup kit won't go low enough for my needs and I suspect that with a progressive rate it will be quite soft for towing. Ceika offers linear rate springs and you can get helper springs for smoother ride over small bumps.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
ECS Tuning has a back log?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Ohhh dang

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm 99% sure that the B12 kit from ECS (or elsewhere) is really just a custom order to Bilstein, hence the long lag time.

That being said, my H&R Sport springs mated with Bilstein B6 have been perfect and flawless. The only thing is that the drop isn't as much as I want. It's pretty much just the "low" setting on any Cayenne with air suspension...maybe a smidge higher, actually. It looks stock, especially among modern crossover options that are coming in lower these days.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sounds right about the order. Bilstein are behind the delay for sure. Such a niche application, zero stock

the h&r is actually a hair lower than the eibach in the b12 kit. Only reason why I don't buy the b6struts now is that I don't use the car very much; worst in summer as I cycle to work/commute.

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
I'm 99% sure that the B12 kit from ECS (or elsewhere) is really just a custom order to Bilstein, hence the long lag time.

That being said, my H&R Sport springs mated with Bilstein B6 have been perfect and flawless. The only thing is that the drop isn't as much as I want. It's pretty much just the "low" setting on any Cayenne with air suspension...maybe a smidge higher, actually. It looks stock, especially among modern crossover options that are coming in lower these days.
The B6 is designed for a stock height vehicle so there's only so much you can lower before you risk bottoming out. At that point you'd want the B8.

i just installed a set of B6 w Cayenne springs (and sways) and do agree it's a great upgrade

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
****. That sucks man. I want this to happen

41 - 60 of 84 Posts