Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
I want to see reviews on Godspeed. There have been a lot of new, inexpensive coilovers on the market for all manner of cars, and they all aren't that great. I think some companies are white-lableing them.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I've had H&R Springs with B6 struts on my 2012 for over a year with no issues. Handles like a sporty car. I even have staggered 19" Panamera Turbo wheels. They bolt right up, just had to add properly tall tires.

I'm still on the hunt for coilovers though. I want like a 1 finger gap for that "Big GTI" look.
KW has exactly what you want. So does Celia and BG Racing

Anyone know the OEM spring rates on the same vehicle?
Nope. Unpublished information. Super
Frustrating. You can do it the manual way, measuring, but you'd need access to every one in question.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm not finding these KW kits for a 2014 in either KW Celia or BG. Did you mean BC Racing?

BC Racing BR Series Coilovers | 10-17 Volkswagen Touareg 7P
PART# BCR H-48-BR

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ok I found the KW series. And they are $5,000. Lovely piece of kit but this is not a race car. The Godspeed and BC Racing kits are reasonable.

·
Registered
262 Posts
KW has exactly what you want. So does Celia and BG Racing
So, do you mean Ceika and BC Racing?

Ceika lists them for the 7P/T3 but BC does not. Last I checked, BC only has coilovers for T1 and T1.

As with Godspeed, I've also never heard of Ceika. Anyone use them on any other car?

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
Ciekas website looks impressive and they have a good story. Would also be interested in some real,world,experience with their products.

really,like the remote damping adjustment option. The thought of having to unbolt anything to tweak settings leaves me cold.

Reactions: Biggspeed

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ceika's website looks like there is no way in hell a company we've never heard of before can all of a sudden make Air Ride suspensions, Coilover Suspensions, Brake kits, and hundreds of wheels for every car that I put in their search bar.

They are buying white-label parts from somewhere and putting their stickers on them.

"A white-label product is a product or service produced by one company (the producer) that other companies (the marketers) rebrand to make it appear as if they had made it. The name derives from the image of a white label on the packaging that can be filled in with the marketer's trade dress. "

I'd pass.

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
Note the HK address 🤷‍♂️
Does say they've been in business since 2008...still makes you wonder why no one has heard of them

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
There's nothing negative in that thread. When I think about it, no coil over maker makes the dampers so it's all about design and machining IMO. You buy Bilstein s, revolve to suit and add your widgets.

Being in HK suggests they have access to lots of capabilities and can turn out "custom kits" quickly. If the feedback is good and you can accept Chinese milling (which I bet most CO mfgs use) then I wouldnt cross them off my list.

I still don't quite get the little reservoir attached to the housing but then im a Koni guy.

·
Registered
262 Posts
So, after googling, I see that they've been around for a few years and several people have tried them on sportscars. No one seems to be reporting any major issues.

There is speculation that these may be made by BC. And the fact that they offer setups for almost every car is that they are custom made to order.

My goal is to achieve a particular ride height, and those specs aren't listed.

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
They seem quite receptive to making what people want and In fact the website says to tell them what kind of ride you're looking for. If you do decide to email them keep us posted

·
Registered
238 Posts
Anyone know the OEM spring rates on the same vehicle?
As soon as I get my kit (which seems backordered since forever), I will measure spring rate. 2014 R line

I am in the same boat, I wanted a 1.5in drop over stock R-line. I understand the desire for a lower look, but I am not ready to compromise ground clearance & comfort that much. so I'll go for a Bilstein B12 (B8 struts with eibach springs).

I came to the conclusion that to do it properly the only way was very expensive (KW, ...). I am not ready to put a cheap set of coilover on this kind of car. Ok for a 8V jetta, NOK for a Touareg that I intend to keep. Just my point of view.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
So, do you mean Ceika and BC Racing?

Ceika lists them for the 7P/T3 but BC does not. Last I checked, BC only has coilovers for T1 and T1.

As with Godspeed, I've also never heard of Ceika. Anyone use them on any other car?
Omfg autocorrect 🤦 yes bc racing and Ceika bc has coilovers for our cars, contact them. You can also buy them here

Godspeed has been around for decades. They make cheap parts. Wouldn't spring for their coilovers though

Note the HK address 🤷‍♂️
Does say they've been in business since 2008...still makes you wonder why no one has heard of them
Ceika and bc racing have been around for the better part of a decade +. Lots and lots of reviews online for them. Pretty much every one is positive.

With that said, whiteline actually recommends the bc racing setup for the touareg and gives their stamp of approval.

KW is still the top of the line setup with the bilstein b12 trailing it.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Ok I found the KW series. And they are $5,000. Lovely piece of kit but this is not a race car. The Godspeed and BC Racing kits are reasonable.
You can get the kw variant 3, the best of the best,for $3800 American, here:

I'm not finding these KW kits for a 2014 in either KW Celia or BG. Did you mean BC Racing?

BC Racing BR Series Coilovers | 10-17 Volkswagen Touareg 7P
PART# BCR H-48-BR
Sorry for the stupid autocorrect. Yes you are correct Ceika and also bc racing

Kw is at ECS Tuning

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
Interestingly enough I read that Ceika and BC Racing have the same parent company.

and this is a great read. I'd say he's the bobistheoilguy of suspensions

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
09 TDi
661 Posts
Hah...good to hear. Knowledge is power :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
As someone mentioned above, the big GTI look. Lowered with Scale Suspension Coilovers. I have been running these for about 17 months. They ride great. Wheels are 22"x10" with 295/35/22 tires. No off roading, but fun street driving!

You can find them here.

They are based in eastern Canada, so no border fees or wait times.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts