Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a completely stock 2014 T3 R-Line. Found some Godspeed coilovers for it. Has anyone on this site had experience with Godspeed products? Thought about going with the H&R cup kit but with its 1.2"-1.4" or 40mm lowering potential its just not enough IMO. I currently have a 5.5" fender gap with the stock 275/45R20 tires on it. I do not want slammed but a 1.5"-2" gap would be preferable as long as the camber isn't stupid. Any knowledgeable input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Bilstein b6 or if you really want to get nuts any KW variant.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
+1

Dropping an SUV is ghey

·
Registered
238 Posts
I am in the exact same boat. Literally LOL. 2014 R-line. I was hopping for a 1in extra drop, but it seems quite hard to get unless to go full retard with a KW T3 kit which is very expensive.

I have been trying to order the Bilstein cup kit (which comes with Eibach springs, 0.2in less drop than the H&R), seems backordered for quite a while now. BTW the drop is over a regular trim Touareg, not the already lower R variant. I expect 0.5in drop, not more.

The Bilstein B6 strut is not designed for drop, the B8 is. Some people ride the B6 on lowering springs without issues, I am sure it fits. Maybe just less durable and a bit more bouncy. I didn't find a way to ordered the B8 separately.

BTW I intend to change the rear top plate at the same time (bearing) because of the labor involved for the replacement and the fact that it is 7 years old. The front struts have no bearings in the top plate.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have a completely stock 2014 T3 R-Line. Found some Godspeed coilovers for it. Has anyone on this site had experience with Godspeed products? Thought about going with the H&R cup kit but with its 1.2"-1.4" or 40mm lowering potential its just not enough IMO. I currently have a 5.5" fender gap with the stock 275/45R20 tires on it. I do not want slammed but a 1.5"-2" gap would be preferable as long as the camber isn't stupid. Any knowledgeable input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I have H&Rs with Bilstein B6s on my 2014 R-Line. The Spring/Strut combo improved the ride significantly. Dropped it a pretty significant amount over stock.

If you want coilovers, I would look at more reputable brands such as KW, Bilstein, etc. I believe, someone needs to correct me though, that Cayenne 2011-2018 suspension parts should fit. The Bilstein B6s were universal across Cayenne (2011-2018) & Touareg (2011-2017). I'm not sure if the strut top hats/plates are different across the platforms though.

Looking into it now, I may have tried BC Racing Coilovers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No offroading here in my rig (Hence the R-Line to begin with😄) . I had a Jeep and an Xterra before this and had my time of offroading. I'm mostly on-road adventures now!

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Good looking ride mad doc

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have H&Rs with Bilstein B8s on my 2014 R-Line. The Spring/Strut combo improved the ride significantly. Dropped it a pretty significant amount over stock.

If you want coilovers, I would look at more reputable brands such as KW, Bilstein, etc. I believe, someone needs to correct me though, that Cayenne 2011-2018 suspension parts should fit. The Bilstein B8s were universal across Cayenne (2011-2018) & Touareg (2011-2017). I'm not sure if the strut top hats/plates are different across the platforms though.

Looking into it now, I may have tried BC Racing Coilovers.

View attachment 243706
thanks a lot for the picture. Can you measure the wheel to fender gap (or center of the wheel to fender line) please? I am curious to see how much it dropped. Are theses 20in? it is always a challenge to see the wheel details on black wheels.

Ask me how I know ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Correction - Struts are B6s. I don't know if they make B8s for this chassis? B4's are OEM replacements I believe.

I'll take some measurements tonight and report.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I ma no expert, from what I understand
B4 = OEM
B6 = Nitrogen filled shocks
B8 = B6 with shorter rod and different valving for lower ride height.

B8 are available, but I only found them in the cup kit (fix height) which they called B12. this is what I have on order.

B14 (not available for this gen Touareg) is a coilover (adjustable ride height)

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Correction - Struts are B6s. I don't know if they make B8s for this chassis? B4's are OEM replacements I believe.

I'll take some measurements tonight and report.
B8 is available. Pretty badass setup.

·
Registered
29 Posts
B8 are available, but I only found them in the cup kit (fix height) which they called B12. this is what I have on order.
Well shoot. I had the H&Rs and kept looking for something better than the B6 and came up empty handed.

~18.5" F / 17" R hub to bottom of fender. I may have to remeasure rear.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
The kw setup is way better than the b8, but the b8 is a killer setup.

Reactions: zambony

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've had H&R Springs with B6 struts on my 2012 for over a year with no issues. Handles like a sporty car. I even have staggered 19" Panamera Turbo wheels. They bolt right up, just had to add properly tall tires.

I'm still on the hunt for coilovers though. I want like a 1 finger gap for that "Big GTI" look.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Pic:

The H&R sport springs simply lower it to where a Cayenne with air suspension would be if it were in the lowest setting. Nothing crazy. I don't off-road it, so no need for mid or high height anyway.

Also, running staggered wheels hasn't been a problem with the AWD. And before you say I'm crazy, the X5, Cayenne, and various Porsche sports cars all run staggered AWD setups stock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PN: MMX2890-B Godspeed Coil Overs. Honestly for the price I might just bite on them. They don't look cheap but no idea whats inside.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts