Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me where the cheapest place to buy the correct oil and and how much I need to buy for the 8 speed Aisin transmission? I have tried reading many forums and the more I read the more confused I get. Every thread seems to default back to a dsg gearbox. Also is there a specific procedure for checking the fluid level like certain oil temp? Thanks!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Why are you doing this on a two year old car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah my treg has 50k miles on it and I want to change the oil before I have problems. I didn't realize that dropping the pan only got 1/3 of the oil. I was trying to avoid the flush but looks like I'm gonna have to. Is there a difference in the G 055 025 oil and the G 055 540? I have seen both be recommended for this transmission.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My 2011 Touareg TDI owner's "USA Warranty and Maintenance" manual on p 32 states, under "Service at 40,000 miles":
".Transmission: automatic (non DSG): Change fluid (all 2.0 MPI, 3.6L Touareg and 3.0L TDI Touareg only). The manual makes the same recommendations for 80,000 and 120,000 miles.
I checked with my service advisor last year and again this year and was told that this transmission does NOT require fluid change (apparently never, ever will?).
So, for what it's worth, maybe this service item is not indicated on this Touareg...

·
Registered
13 Posts

My fluid at 65k miles. I personally don't believe that any automotive fluids were designed to last forever so I change the fluid.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
My 2011 Touareg TDI owner's "USA Warranty and Maintenance" manual on p 32 states, under "Service at 40,000 miles":
".Transmission: automatic (non DSG): Change fluid (all 2.0 MPI, 3.6L Touareg and 3.0L TDI Touareg only). The manual makes the same recommendations for 80,000 and 120,000 miles.
I checked with my service advisor last year and again this year and was told that this transmission does NOT require fluid change (apparently never, ever will?).
So, for what it's worth, maybe this service item is not indicated on this Touareg...
As is so often the case your so-called service adviser is a total twat. Change the gearbox ATF and the front and rear diff oils at least every 60K and the transfer box fluid too on real Touaregs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts