Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

Registered
You don't know what a ball mount is. Zero wiring involved.
You're a dope. If you have something connected to a hitch, it needs wiring for the legally mandated signals to operate. And since trailer mode isn't activated until something is plugged in to the harness, that means the alarm would sound off tampered with馃槣.

Registered
Truth be told, I don't know if I've even shifted out of D into S or TIP more than a handful of times during ownership.

This is a 5k SUV so I'm not doing 1320 runs or SOLO courses like the rest of you hooligans. There's much better suited vehicles for that kind of shananegins in my opinion. I drive and I tow. Period.
your recents logs with EGT say otherwise!!! liiiiiiaar

Registered

Registered

Registered
Would definitely love to get in on this.

• 2012 Touareg
  • Stg 2. Deleted.
  • Iowa
  • D could be optimized, never driven a 鈥減re鈥 fix schedule, but it certainly leaves lots to be desired.
Ideally, TIP and S would mimic each other in a way. Faster more direct shifts, less tq management 1st - 3rd. Perhaps more sensitivity to throttle input/wheel speed. Consistency would be great. Sometimes it鈥檚 better, mostly it isn鈥檛.

A third pedal, 6 gate, and some other bits? That would be nice.

Registered
Would definitely love to get in on this.

• 2012 Touareg
  • Stg 2. Deleted.
  • Iowa
  • D could be optimized, never driven a post fix schedule, but it certainly leaves lots to be desired.
Ideally, TIP and S would mimic each other in a way. Faster more direct shifts, less tq management 1st - 3rd. Perhaps more sensitivity to throttle input/wheel speed. Consistency would be great. Sometimes it鈥檚 better, mostly it isn鈥檛.

A third pedal, 6 gate, and some other bits? That would be nice.
Interesting thought. @yrktreg can you confirm if these use torque management??

Registered
^ I鈥檓 honestly not 100% sure if is either, but it certainly seems that way. Could be the ecu pulling timing, or fuel, or even the vnt (unlikely). What I do know for absolute certain is that I鈥檓 not getting all of it in those gears. 4th, 5th sure, it鈥檚 more than noticeable, power is there and available.

Registered
^ I鈥檓 honestly not 100% sure if is either, but it certainly seems that way. Could be the ecu pulling timing, or fuel, or even the vnt (unlikely). What I do know for absolute certain is that I鈥檓 getting all of it in those gears. 4th, 5th sure, it鈥檚 more than noticeable, power is there and available.
Good thoughts.. would love to know if somebody has verified any of thought. I haven't run into many euro automobiles that use torque management like American cars do

Reactions: Jroberds

Registered
1) 2013 Touareg TDI
2) Malone stage 2. DPF delete. Downpipe. Pre-fix TCM.
3) Winnipeg, Canada
4) Drop a gear when cruise is cancelled (like my T2 did). Remove auto up-shift in tiptronic. Remove/reduce TC slip when really cold. Raise shift points slightly in D. Better rev matching in tiptronic downshifting.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts