Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am getting engine lights and whatnot due to my adblue level sensor failing...which from what I understand is included in the whole adblue heater assembly
I am looking at two options...
1) drop and replace adblue heater system myself for around $400
2) rip out the dpf and tune out the adblue for about $700 plus $400-$600 tune...

My question is for the guys that have done the dpf delete...what did you do with all of the adblue systems in the vehicle? Did you remove the tank and all of the associated hardware and that section of the pipe and replace? Or does the kit (I believe I stumbled on was made by rawtek) just replace the dpf and the adblue stuff is just turned off in the tune and left in...
Also does anyone recommend a certain dpf delete kit over another or a certain tuner over another

Thanks for the help...id probably leave all the emissions stuff in if VW had designed a system that actually worked...

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
There's a remote possibility that the adblue system warranty will be retroactively extended as part of the dieselgate settlement. Probably a longshot though. Also it looks like your model year will be eligible for buyback.

How many miles on yours?

·
Registered
411 Posts
The add blue components stay put. I just sucked the remaining out of the tank. Rawtech system is very straight forward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks for input...
Ive got 70k miles...
Wonder when theyll figure the settlement all out?

Any more input concerning tuning with dpf delete?

·
Registered
411 Posts
ok thanks for input...
Ive got 70k miles...
Wonder when theyll figure the settlement all out?

Any more input concerning tuning with dpf delete?

What are you looking for? I did the Malone tune and raw tech pipe. 20,000 miles on the tune and it runs really nice. Couple miles per gallon increase if I am driving nice. Pipe install is easy. Tune also includes an EGR delete. Your intake stays clean, better long term performance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looking for all of the above...this is my daily and I want to keep it reliable...but i always want more poerformance...and i dont want stuff breaking ie adblue system
Is the malone tune a boxed tune...ie they mail you a scanner plug it in...run the software and it adjusts according to what has been done or is an awd dyno required...? Do I need to find a local retailer for the tune or just call malone? Any other tuners been used?

·
Registered
557 Posts
The ecu needs to be removed for a Malone. I'm looking at this in the spring, though I'm keeping the dpf and AdBlue since Malone can't force the ready codes if those are removed.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Need to find a dealer. Go to the moline website and find the closest one. They will download the tune. No dyno needed.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I thought we had established that, given the worldwide heap of ****e that VW is sinking under, and the fact the ad-blu system is part of the emissions system, that VW is now paying for ad-blu system repairs under the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.

Get down to your dealer and tell them to put it right ASAP FOC.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I tried that but in my case VW won't do any warranty work on a vehicle that crosses from the US to Canada. Pain the ass butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thought I would share my recent experience with my T3 Adblue heater failure. It was taken care of under warranty at 56,500 miles with zero hassle. Attached is the service writeup.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts