TDInDC, you da man! I'll do mine this weekend.
Thank You for the write up!
Thank You for the write up!
I love the fact that I can shift with paddles without throwing lever into M first, makes this mod double worth it.I think this has been discussed in other posts but I also disabled "Current Gear Display suppressed" thus showing the current gear in the dash. It pairs perfectly with the paddle shifters... If I'm in drive it will show "D" and the current gear; I hit the "+" paddle shifter and the "D" disappears indicating I'm shifting now with the paddles. I also haven't noticed any difference in transmission behavior; other users have complained about changing the transmission coding and its effect on shifting pattern. I'm glad I tried it!
Here is the coding:
show us your interior and we'll voteSure. Rub it in for us 'Brownies'. I'm actually wondering if a black wheel would look out of place?
I'm probably going to pay around $700 from VA to MA on Uship.com, but how cool would it be for a fellow Tregger to rent a Uhaul car trailer and deliver my new Treg with their Treg! I'd pay the same!
Anyway, we are getting off topic. What about brown shoe polish on the black wheel? (I really want the paddle shifters!)
Have you guys looked into something like this:I'm in the same boat! I have the brown interior. The steering wheel almost looks black, but with a flashlight up close it is very much a "dark brown".
The only steering wheel with paddles available looks to be black. Does anyone know where we can get a brown one? If not, anyone swapped one with the brown interior and black steering wheel? Color close enough? Two tone look good? I too really want paddles but don't want an obviously messed up look.
Thanks for the advice!
Where did you get the paddle extensions? Did you use double sided tape to install them?For people who are still waiting, I have something to annoy you
View attachment 84585
1-not sure (no longer have mine)A few questions on how the paddles work.
1. If you are in "automatic mode" and in, say, 6th gear and want to kick it down to 5th and enter "paddle mode", do you click the "minus" just once and you are in 5th and in "paddle mode" or do you need to enter "paddle mode" by a first click and then click again to go down a gear?
2. I'm assuming you leave the console shifter in the Automatic mode when you start using the plus and minus to enter paddle mode. How do you get back into "auto mode" while still driving?
3. Does it auto downshift just like when using the tiptronic mode with the console shifter?
4. When at a complete stop, can you use the paddles to bump it into 2nd gear to start? I do that quit a bit with the tiptronic to avoid the short 1st gear.
5. Does the tiptronic stop working when you change the VAG Code to activate the paddles?
I use the tiptronic a lot and don't mind using it, but thinking about the expense to change to the paddle made me think of some of these questions. Thanks.
I have a 2014 Touareg gas powered sport model in the US.