Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
176 Posts
Hello guys,

I am quite confused. Can someone explain to me meaning of stickers inside steering wheel?
Example: one sticker on bottom (metal part) has number 7P6419091C X0U and sticker on top says 7P6419091C NGB.

So which one is correct? Steering wheel seems all black and I didnt see any brown color.
Thanks!

· Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
176 Posts
Strange, from what I gather it's the colour code ie the last three letters.
If it's black go for the latter
Well, mine finally arrived. Middle sticker says X0U, but SW is black/black so I dont care :ROFLMAO: Worse part is that I need new spring so now I am quite sad .
On previous pages I saw that spring needs separate +/- for heating. Does it need switch also?

· Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
176 Posts
Hello everybody.
I needed your help because I'm new to this subject and I do not have the necessary knowledge.
Recently i bought a steering wheel to replace the one in my car because this steering wheel has more functions. Like the existing one, this steering wheel has a module in the center where the radio controls, the lane assist vibrator motor and the gearbox levers are connected.
Assuming this module is not protected, is it possible to transfer all the settings, adaptations, coding, etc with VCDS or VAG CAN from the old module to the new one? If so, how is it done?
That unit inside steering wheel is just switching module, which is not accessible with VCDS. Everything coded in 16-Steering wheel contains unit which is together with slip ring.
So, you don't have to copy coding, just adjust it after replacing steering wheel to get all functions.

· Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
176 Posts
Well, I did not have much time to get heat function working, so I decided to get it done. I bought slip ring with H index, installed and heat function was not working. The issue was coding and after fixing coding I turned with steering wheel, then everything went wrong.

Now it says, that G85 sensor is defective. But when I installed old slip ring, steering wheel module is not reachable. How it could happend? Old slip ring was perfectly fine, working and now its not. I deleted heating coding from RNS also.

Slip ring with H index is still reachable, but old one not. New one is reachable only when fuse #11 is plugged.
What could change? Any hints guys please? Thanks

· Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
176 Posts
Well, I did not have much time to get heat function working, so I decided to get it done. I bought slip ring with H index, installed and heat function was not working. The issue was coding and after fixing coding I turned with steering wheel, then everything went wrong.

Now it says, that G85 sensor is defective. But when I installed old slip ring, steering wheel module is not reachable. How it could happend? Old slip ring was perfectly fine, working and now its not. I deleted heating coding from RNS also.

Slip ring with H index is still reachable, but old one not. New one is reachable only when fuse #11 is plugged.
What could change? Any hints guys please? Thanks
Issue with non-reachable old slip ring solved. It turned out, that new ring (H index) is supplied also through fuse #11, but there was also another one, that was blown. At least car is working again a new ring will be send back.

· Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
176 Posts
Did you calibrate your new clock spring (or what you call slip ring)? The Code is thrown because the new G85 clock spring needs to be calibrated.

Check my post or look at the Rosstech reference. T3 Steering wheel paddle shifters

1. Recalibrate new Clock Spring (Reference: Rosstech Wiki)
Steering Angle Sensor (G85) Calibration
Sure, I did calibration. New slip ring was working fine after calibration (no diag erros, no lights on dash) until I turned with steering wheel. Column cover was last thing to install. So when I turned with sw to install screws something happend...ABS/ESP light went on, problem with gearbox, problem with air suspension.

Then I have found out error in sw control module: 00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85): Defective, which is not possible to delete and calibration also cannot be done.

· Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
176 Posts
UPDATE: So I have found the issue. Slip ring was not new as declared by seller. It was not centered to 0° and when I turned with steering wheel, G85 went out of range. I have managed to repair G85 sensor and now its working properly :)

· Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
176 Posts
The part number is meant to be 3C8419091BF the last two letters were difficult to see but look like BF...
I would say go for it but...
  • 3C8 419091 BF - Passat
  • 7P6 419091 NGB - Touareg
there is possibility that wiring will be problem. Maybe they have the same construction but when I checked multiple images, wiring is different.

Wheel Vehicle Steering part Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim

One version is without small box inside a other one is with box, but I don't see what type of connector is there.

· Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
176 Posts
No, its about 75 miles away...

Looks identical to the ones in the pics, absolutely no difference whatsoever...

Which pic is the Touareg in the ones you supplied?
Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part Automotive design Steering wheel

This is from Touareg. Look into middle, there is a small black box. It has socket at bottom where u connect wire which is on the airbag and goes through big connector on slip ring to the steering wheel module.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts