Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
2011 and 2012 didn't get those so my seat just moves all the time.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgive me but what purpose does the piece that came off serve (if any)? I'm convinced it's there just tomalley the button look more like a seat back.

Here's a picture from the drivers front seat. That top piece that is missing from the photo in my original post is immobile.

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
It is supposed to help accidental seat movement by your leg when getting in and out of the seat.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, it actually does have a purpose... I thought philthyphil was joking with me- sorry!

Wouldn't have figured there was a need for that but I guess it makes sense if people have had that problem in the past. I'll see what the dealership has to say and report back here. Thanks all!

·
Registered
845 Posts
There is a TSB for fixing it.

2011 and 2012 didn't get those so my seat just moves all the time.
There was a TSB replacing the plastic backplate and the plastic seatback lever. It basically shields the switch from "butt rub", which is how the switch gets hit. Bad VW design. Just bad.

I went full out on my 2013 before I knew about he TSB, and I added a seat back power shutoff switch in front of the other switches.

RadioShack 20A switch, lever rocker, broke the power feed to the motor, and installed the switch.

I shut off the switch and my seat back will not move unless I turn on power.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'm aware of the tsb. However with over 100k on the clock I doubt my dealership will take care of it without charging me for it.

·
Registered
499 Posts
One of these days I'll get around to it.

Do you happen to have the part numbers on hand somewhere? The thread by Xylene doesn't show the part numbers anymore.

Thanks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just as an update to all--

The dealer ordered the part based upon my photographs. Touareg's been at the dealership all day. They just called me and said they ordered the wrong part, that the part they need to fix it is actually inside the seat, and that they were going to remove the part from another car on the lot but they're broken in those cars too.

Headed to the dealer in about an hour, will try to find out more.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Final update- went by the dealer this AM. Took less than 30 minutes to install. Part number 7P6-882-516-E-9B9 replaced under warranty. If / when it breaks again thankfully it's a $12 MRSP part. Annoying though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts